1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

How to reset the TPMS

Hey guys i just put new TPMS on my truck anyone know how to reset them?

2012 Titan PRO4X S&B cai, 2* Advance Timing, 6500k HID, 1000w sub with 500w rms amp, 18" XD RockStars with 33" BF Trails, BD GT, Volant Double Exhaust,
LED interior,
------------ROB-------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 12:37 AM
SHIFT_Administrator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

The dealer or a tire store with the proper equipment do it. Discount Tire can do it much cheaper than the dealer.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 03:12 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Easy TPMS Reset Instructions

I just like to share my experiments with resetting the TPMS on my 2010 Armada Platinum. I found the attached post on a Nissan forum and it works pretty well as listed.
I bought 4 new winter tires, with wheels and sensors. After install, the TPMS obviously didn't recognize the new wheels.
Procedure:
1. If you don't have a TPMS reset tool, set your tire pressures as follows:
FL = 36psi; FR = 33psi; RR = 30 psi; RL = 27 psi
2. Find the little white TPMS connector. In my Armada, it was taped to the wires going to the OBD connector, above the gas pedal.
3. Stick a 10" or so piece of wire into the connector, ensure it connects the pin inside the connector. Leave the other end dangling.
4. Turn the ignition switch to ON (don't start the truck yet), wait for your dash warning lights to go off.
5. Touch the free end of the wire to the bare metal bracket (i.e. ground it) 5 times within 10 seconds. If successful, your TPMS warning light on the dash starts flashing. This means you've put the computer in learning mode.
6. Start the truck and drive it for about 10 - 15 minutes, at speeds over 40 km/hr. The TPMS sensors in the wheels will wake up and advertise their presence to the monitoring system. The monitoring system knows which wheel is which due to the pressure differentials. Once the system registers the new sensors, the flashing light will go off and your display (if fitted) will show the 4 pressures.
7. Shortly after, the light may come on again, because your left rear tire pressure is too low. So don't forget to reinflate your tires to proper pressures again.

A few other notables:
- The display shows tire pressures in the order I indicated above, i.e. from Front Left (at top) to FR, RR and Rear Left (at bottom) clockwise around the truck.
- My TPMS readings are about 3 psi lower than my gauge.

Hope this will help someone else too. Now I'm comfortable I can reset the system again in the spring when I put the summers back on.

George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 01:28 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) - Nissan Armada - Reset

Hello George,

I checked out a post that you made in 2010 on resetting the Tire Pressure Monitoring System for your Armada. I was wondering if you had a few minutes, whether you could take a quick picture of the TPMS wire harness connector (you describe it as a white wire) and post it to this site, so that anyone reading this forum knows exactly what wire to ground out in order to carry out this procedure. I have a 2004 Armada and was wanting to do this, but didn't want to short out something else by accident. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Also, my 2004 Armada does not have a display monitor in which a readout of individual tire pressures are shown. I don't think this should matter though. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Ron

Last edited by Rocket; 03-16-2012 at 01:30 AM.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 01:08 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Garage
The plug is white but the wire was another color (2007 armada) and it was taped to the wires just behind the diagnostic plugin. The plug is a two pin but has only one wire and it was blue with a white stripe on mine. Make sure you vary the tire pressure as instructed regardless of whether your vehicle displays which tire is low. Below is a picture of the plug and just follow the instructions. There is also a kit available on Amazon but a wire/paper clip work just as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120906_120232.jpg
Views:	11815
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	11381  
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 05:49 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

Hi all..
Thanks for the valuable info.
But did anyone try to reset the TPMS by simply disconnecting the battery (both + & -)???
What effect would this have on the Armada??
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 12:30 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

Garage
you would still have to stagger the pressure in all tires. so the white connector (in my post above) and a paper clip method is still less work. If you try disconnecting the battery let us know what happens. good luck
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 09:25 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Hey, I Tried first without air pressure adjustment, nothing but long beep in few miles, then i adjust air pressure as per your post 36,33,30,27, and after another 3 miles my pressure sensors wake up and working perfect, i used original Nissan sensors from ebay, thank you for your post its save me some $$

2010 Titanium, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 4300 Philips 9006 re-based HID's, Black/Silver 22" KMC Brodie with 305/45/22 Goodyear Fortera SL, 8.5" fold down screen with cd,usb,cards reader, Divx, Mkv, Mp4 player, led package inside and outside, Red top battery, SC Flashpaq, aFe Power CAI With Pro-Dry S filter , Flowmaster 50 series Big Block with x-pipe build in, same side real dual exhaust grrrrrgr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 04:10 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scr38 View Post
The dealer or a tire store with the proper equipment do it. Discount Tire can do it much cheaper than the dealer.
I put aftermarket valve caps on and they seized, the dealer would not try to remove them, now I understand why.

I just tried to take one off and snapped the whole POS off. I called Discount tire where I got my current tires and they told me they can replace and program it for $60 all in (not nec. to take off wheel, just pop bead). I called stealership and they said $102 for part and $30-40 to take off tire and install it.

No brainer.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 11:27 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

Anyone know if this reset method would work on an '06?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode