User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

bosch or akebonos

How can I tell what calipers my 2006 SE Off-road uses without pulling off wheels. also please advise which size and thickness of pads/rotors to use.
Trying to order the correct parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

You can measure the rotor diameter. If the rotor is one or the other the caliper will be the same make.

Bosch rotors are 320mm = 12.60in. (approx.)

Akebono rotors are 350mm = 13.78in. (approx.)

I have a Bosch sticker on the inside of my brake (on all four) which I can see by looking around the back side of my wheels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06 SE 4WD Red Brawn, Leather, Tow Package, 2* timing, Borla dual exhaust, Injen cai, 4300k hid, Hyper Grounding Wire, Bilstein 5100s, PRG Mini Lift, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Second row bench changed to captains chairs and Console,Hunter Bull Bar, Nitto Terra Grappler 325/60/18.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 04:56 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)

^ as Scot said... nissan was handy enough to put a little sticker on the inward facing side of the brakes for the BOSCH... not to sure if they did the same with the Akebono...

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: UpRev, Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 09:11 AM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Something you might want to look into is that 06's made later in the year use 07 braking system. so you might want to call the dealer and give your vin so they can tell you i found out the hard way.

BigBoyBlue
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Protected by Viper & Remote start, K&N drop in, 20% Tint all around, 2 10" Bazooka's
, Vent visor's in channel,Bug Deflector, Durango gone bye bye son totaled it!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 12:17 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)

^the production month and year should be in the driver's side door jam (so no need to call dealer with vin, unless you have a good raport with your dealer).

If you give this date to the helpfull people at R1concepts then you will be golden!

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: UpRev, Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Thanks for all the info people!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 07:33 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

The bosch sticker doesn't mean you have the 320mm discs. My May/06 LE had the bosch sticker on all 4 shields but the 350mm front akebono discs. I would measure to be sure. It helps that the rear discs on all Madas are the smaller 320mm and you can compare your front discs to the back.

I have R1's with 23k and they are developing a pulse. Some other members are reporting similar issues. I liked them and great price...but just wanted you to know before you buy. When I bought from R1 they could not tell which size disc my '06 would have by the production date and assumed 320mm. They were great and replaced them without issues.

'06 LE, Airaid MXP CAI w/dry filter - BullyDog GT w/regular tune - 20" Titan wheels w/Cooper ATP's - Int/Ext LED conversion - 5000K HID low beams - Bilstein HD - Amsoil Synthetic everywhere - Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors w/ceramics pads
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 02:35 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Yes, you have to measure to be sure. It is also normal for rotors to develop a slight vibration after extended use. Rebed them and you should be good to go!

Interior LED Package, 55W Morimoto 6000k HID Lows, 6000k LED Fogs, Rev Camera, Invisible Car Bra, Upper & lower grille combo, White Door Handles, VOLANT CAI with PowerCore filter, BD Triple Dog GT (Premium Tune + 2 deg)
Bilstein 5100s with maximum lift in the front, 1" Daystar rear lift, Red powdercoated NCP 2773546 NAPA front & 2773545 NAPA rear springs, Rancho 9000XL Rear shocks, F&R Powerstop slotted & drilled rotors with ceramic pads, Front and rear anti-sway bar delete
My Build Thread:

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 12:00 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

marked. I had the same question earlier today

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode