How to get fog lights on with parking lights - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How to get fog lights on with parking lights

I have a 2006 QX56 and I'm trying to figure out how to get the fog lights to come on with the parking lights. I had an '01 Maxima and I found a thread of how to do it and it worked perfect. Just checking to see if anyone has done this yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 08:29 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)

I believe you are referring to the "jumper" mod or "fuse" mod? I did that and ended up blowing fuses and knocking out my interior lights and dimmer switch. Luckilly undoing it set things back to normal. Others have had more severe problems so I would not suggest it.

Instead I ended up installing a relay to my new HID fogs with the trigger wire hooked up to the parking lights. That way they stay on as long as the parking lights are on (including when I have the high beams)

Giggity
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 08:58 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)

Spta did you/can you write up a how to? I hate it when my fogs turn off while having brights on... arrgg... lol

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: UpRev, Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 11:16 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

I didn't make a write-up but I can (with limited pics of course as it's already complete). Are you keeping the OEM fog light bulbs or are you using HIDs?

Reason I ask is because you would have to either get / make a connector to the factory bulbs or cut the existing harnesses if you are using OEM.

If you haven't done the HID upgrade I would highly recommend it. Most people here use ArmaDen (member of the forum). He has good prices and a good product. He can also hook you up with a relay and harness for your new fog light HIDs

I have the HID low beams and fogs, Silverstar highs (meh) and 130watt KC HiLite Long Range lights on my bull bar that turn on with my high beams:

I should note that it is illegal to have more than 4 beam lights on at a given time so cops can give you a hassel.

Giggity
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 02:14 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Wow! That's bright! I'm interested in your fog HID's and relay setup. Don't you have the plastic lenses? And if so, does Armaden now have a proper bulb for the oem housing to avoid the melting issue?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'06 LE, Airaid MXP CAI w/dry filter - BullyDog GT w/regular tune - 20" Titan wheels w/Cooper ATP's - Int/Ext LED conversion - 5000K HID low beams - Bilstein HD - Amsoil Synthetic everywhere - Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors w/ceramics pads
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 08:36 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Ha ha...yea it's awesome. My only issue is that I still get some vibration on the bull bar lights but it is much better since I put some rubber pieces under them to act as isolators (I used the things you put under chair legs so they don't scratch wooden floors).

I do have the plastic lenses but I have not had an issue. I tried a glass housing from Pilot but I could not get the HIDs to fit as they were too long (even the short ones he sent me). The HIDs run cooler with less wattage but apparently some have issues because the bulb length gets it closer to the plastic lamp cover. I have had mine on for months and have no issues. On my 07 the OEM bubs were 37.5 watts whereas others had 25 watt OEM bulbs so perhaps the housing is made of a different material?

I'll write up something for you but I'll need a day or so.

Giggity
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 02:15 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spta97 View Post
Ha ha...yea it's awesome. My only issue is that I still get some vibration on the bull bar lights but it is much better since I put some rubber pieces under them to act as isolators (I used the things you put under chair legs so they don't scratch wooden floors).

I do have the plastic lenses but I have not had an issue. I tried a glass housing from Pilot but I could not get the HIDs to fit as they were too long (even the short ones he sent me). The HIDs run cooler with less wattage but apparently some have issues because the bulb length gets it closer to the plastic lamp cover. I have had mine on for months and have no issues. On my 07 the OEM bubs were 37.5 watts whereas others had 25 watt OEM bulbs so perhaps the housing is made of a different material?

I'll write up something for you but I'll need a day or so.
Lol... I have different size clear ones all over my truck to stop the squeaks and rattles! On almost every bin, sunglasses holder, cup holder cover, sunroof cover...you name it. They're great! And the write up would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'06 LE, Airaid MXP CAI w/dry filter - BullyDog GT w/regular tune - 20" Titan wheels w/Cooper ATP's - Int/Ext LED conversion - 5000K HID low beams - Bilstein HD - Amsoil Synthetic everywhere - Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors w/ceramics pads
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 12:23 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcs View Post
Lol... I have different size clear ones all over my truck to stop the squeaks and rattles! On almost every bin, sunglasses holder, cup holder cover, sunroof cover...you name it. They're great! And the write up would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sorry for the delay - I did a write up and posted it here
https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/sho...542#post185542

Giggity

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode