LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
roof rack help

anyone know how remove the 4 chrome pieces on the roof rack used to secure items/cargo. the "eye" piece where ur rope or hook would go ? i wouldl ike to plasti dip them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 06:04 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Looks like you have the newer rack. I replaced my 2 piece rack with the new one piece style and from what I remember the end covers pry off giving access to the rack mounting bolts. However the cover sits on top and around the rings. You would have to remove the eye ring held in by a pin and spring and I can't remember if you will have to remove the entire rack to do that. Not hard...but worth it??

It's a big pain in the a$$ if you ask me. Why not just mask around the ring and paint. I don't think you'll see the underside if the ring anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'06 LE, Airaid MXP CAI w/dry filter - BullyDog GT w/regular tune - 20" Titan wheels w/Cooper ATP's - Int/Ext LED conversion - 5000K HID low beams - Bilstein HD - Amsoil Synthetic everywhere - Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors w/ceramics pads
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 06:22 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Btw... The plastic housing is really soft so use of a plastic pry tool is highly recommended.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'06 LE, Airaid MXP CAI w/dry filter - BullyDog GT w/regular tune - 20" Titan wheels w/Cooper ATP's - Int/Ext LED conversion - 5000K HID low beams - Bilstein HD - Amsoil Synthetic everywhere - Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors w/ceramics pads

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode