How to install rear wheel bearing hub assembly - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

How to install rear wheel bearing hub assembly

Hello all this is trbw 1 here and I am new to this. But I have a question? Has anyone installed The rear wheel bearing hub assembly on the Mada. I have replaced the fronts on mine and the were not to bad. I am looking to do the rears as well if they are not to difficult.
If so would anyone be willing to share pics or instructions on how to get this done?
Thanks Gang glad to be part of the group.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 09:21 PM
SHIFT_Administrator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

Look at attached drawings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Hub 1.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	18946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Hub 2.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	18954  

2004 Armada SE, Throttle body coolant bypass, Grounding kit, modified Volant CAI with Amsoil dry element, custom engine cover, trailer brake controller, Michelin M/S2s, custom lower grill, Silver Star headlights, Bilstein HD shocks, Power Stop Drilled/Slotted Rotors, ceramic pads, Goodridge SS brake lines, interior and back-up LEDs, PLM transmission pan, trans radiator cooler by-passed, all Amsoil synthetic lubricants, Nismo headers, custom 3" SS exhaust system with high flow metallic core cats, UpRev tuner version, 318 rear wheel HP.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thanks Scr38 for the drawings now I have a better understanding of what I'm facing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 01:57 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Rear hub reviews. Hi all - new to the forum, but not new to cars in any way - on my second 2004 Armada, but felt this was a good thread to add onto.
I'm in need of a RR hub, bearings are going so it should be done soon. ABS sensor quit working which was the giveaway sign.
There is a huge range in prices on new parts from a few manufacturers and I'd like to pick the brains of those with experience here. I randomly chose three for comparison, wondered if some of you have had experience and could shed some light on quality;

REPI285901 @ $68
CE40242000E @ $149
MO541004 @ $208

The second is a Centric part, and the third being a Moog. All are comparable in that the hub comes with studs and the ABS sensor - and all look comparable. But the price point is hugely different. I'm sure I could trust the Moog part - over the last 40 years of doing my own maintenance I don't think Moog has ever let me down. Certric I think can be trusted as I replaced a drivers front hubs on my last Armada without issue - any other throughts? But the REPI - well I don't know who they are.... but at 1/6th the cost, I had to ask!

Any thoughts and experience out there?

Thanks.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 12:32 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
I installed Timken rear hub assemblies on mine in 2014 (no issues). Purchased on amazon for $140ish

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode