Not new to Nissan, not new to mods, repairs and how to's:
I purchased a used 2011 Platinum and i noticed the moisture in the headlight right off - Drivers side only was affected on the Armada I purchased.
in the images below i try to keep colors and shapes the same, for ease of the how to and reference:
PIC1 - FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL:
-Ok, notice that the service manual view only shows the front of the grille....its hard to tell, but the yellow dashed lines i overlayed the FSM dashed lines to help show that they are trying to depict the lower 3 clips.
- all the clips can be removed with the hood up top side, some you have to reach through the grille itself.
- you can use a flat head screw driver and simply push the square/diamond portion of the GC101 clip over to the side to free the grille.
PIC2 - GRILLE REMOVED FROM CHASSIS:
-in this picture i show the red circles as where the clips are located. i checked on my armada and another friends, and the two outer lower clips are not there - they are depicted by the "red X".
- the green circles are actual metal clips - they usually come free when you pull, but for me the passenger side one stayed stuck and took some time to free it by wiggling and reaching back there with a small screw driver.
- the blue circles are simply alignment points, keep mind of these when reinstalling the grille.
----- So this is where water enters the headlight assembly. I studied tons of threads, read nearly every single one, looked at 3 other armadas i saw that had leaking headlights along with very close review of my removed headlight you can easily see that the top is lacking adequate sealant squeeze out of the factory silicone and the design with its sloped contour easily lets water collect...ill post on this more in threads to come.
PIC3 - GRILLE REMOVED AND REAR VIEW OF GRILLE:
- this is the grill removed. again here i show where the CG101 clips must be put back in. simply snap them in the red circle locations and you will have the grille prepared to be snapped back in.
--- remember when your done and ready to snap the grille back in, start with the bottom, and ensure all the bottom green circle and blue circle alignment points and clips are in place, then push the upper CG101 clips in.
PIC4 - GRILLE CLIP GC101:
- this is what the grill clip CG101 looks like reinstalled back onto the grille.