Center dash speaker damaged - how to remove? - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Center dash speaker damaged - how to remove?

I need to remove/replace the center dash speaker. The grill is cracked (GoPro dropped on it), and I think the speaker itself is damaged too. I know how to remove the radio panel, but not the surrounding bit of smooth plastic that wraps over the GPS display and the center channel speaker.

I found lots and lots of How To's on the radio panel, and the center dash where the transmission selector is, but nothing on the center channel speaker bezel.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 01:05 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)

Its bolted on both sides on the bottom if i recall correctly. You will need to pull the center shift console also to make it easier. But u have to remove the center radio panel before u can even remove that surrounding piece. That's how it is on my 04 and I think its the same as the other years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 LE
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrddragn View Post
Its bolted on both sides on the bottom if i recall correctly. You will need to pull the center shift console also to make it easier. But u have to remove the center radio panel before u can even remove that surrounding piece. That's how it is on my 04 and I think its the same as the other years.
ntrdragn, thanks for the response, but unfortunately that didn't get me quite there. Taking the radio panel out and the center console panel off is super easy, but I was was completely at a loss on how to remove the smooth plastic surround that houses the ac vents and wraps around the top of the center dash. No visible screws at the bottom that connect to that plastic trim piece. There are clips on either side of the surround, near the vents, but I pulled on them until flexing uncomfortably far, and nothing seemed to want to release. I also remove the panels down low, under the dash and forward (in line with) the center console, but there was no visible connection to the smooth plastic surround piece.

I read somewhere on this forum that someone else thinks a friend simply popped off the mesh grille above the speaker, but that looks wrong to me. The speaker housing is much smaller than the grille, and the grille is smoothly mated to the smooth plastic surround, it looks perhaps glued on, not held with clips or anything. I could be wrong though, as I did not try levering it up.

Has anyone tried replacing the GPS screen? That process would be similar to what I am trying to access.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 09:34 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Garage
Yes it was a pita I replaced the speaker. There is no screws or clips that just comes off. I was gonna post a DIY to get to that speaker but my Samsung with all my pictures died before I could post it and I could not recover them. It is a pita though there are massive amounts of clips and you will probably crack the housing around the gps unit. I just used jb weld filled in crack and sanded and then plasti dipped the center console to cover up the cracks. I wish i had the pictures to help you out but I don't sorry

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode