User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hidden Running Boards

Ordered from company: Electric Step (http://www.electricstep.com)
They are very helpful and will spend the time needed on the phone if you get into trouble.

The boards were designed and manufactured by AMP Research
(http://www.amp-research.com/)

The instructions are very detailed and have come along way since I have installed mine. The first instructions assumed that the Titan and Armada were wired the same (WRONG!!!).

As time is precious and no one at Electric Step had actually installed them in an Armada I took my Armada to the place that installed my 2 1/2 inch Daystar FE Lift. They had never installed these boards either, but they got it done and did an excellent job. Gotta Love Professionals!

04 Galaxy Black SE Off Road
Titan Towing Mirrors
Titan Radiator/Oil Pan Skid Plate
Chrome LE Grill
Nissan Towing Package
Front 2 1/2" DayStar Lift
OEM front Rancho Shocks reinstalled (deleted with towing package)
AMP Electricstep Runningboards
Heated Seats
iPod interface cable
Debadged
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 04:07 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Great post H-This. Not that I am going to do it, but I am sure someone will want to give it a shot! Thanks Player!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 04:10 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Garage
I LOVE those. I won't be getting any but those are Awesome!!!!

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 04:34 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

I've seen them on a Titan at the meet in Huntington beach, my only concern is, what happens when you are trying to get out of the vehicles quickly, would that make you trip and hit you on the back of the leg, since your leg is gonna be on the ground faster then the extended step bar?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 04:39 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Garage
I don't know about these but the new Navigator comes standard with some like them. They move so quickly that it would be very tough to step out before they unfold.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 04:44 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

The ones on the Navigator are activated by the openning door.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 04:47 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Garage
From the Demo on their site, these appear to work that way too. Looking at H-This' Pic Gallery, it looks like he had to leave a door open to take a picture with them down.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 04:57 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Hmm .. a bit more than I'd like to spend .. but I have consider'd them ...

? What happens if something (or someone) gets caught up in the mechanism? Does it stop and "open"?

? Is it self cleaning .. you know .. mud/leaves/debris on the step portion .. gotta go somewhere when it retracts UP ??

Alan

I ask questions .. hence the name "inqui-Z-tor"

Pics of my Armada "personalization" can be found in the gallery and here:

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 05:05 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
? What happens if something (or someone) gets caught up in the mechanism? Does it stop and "open"?

? Is it self cleaning .. you know .. mud/leaves/debris on the step portion .. gotta go somewhere when it retracts UP ??
Now that's what the neighbors pets are good for, testing and cleaning (fur makes a decent sponge, doesn't it?).

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Yes they work with the doors.

The boards work in just about all manner of gunk ... I have been in serious snow & mud with no problem. They open fast enough to not cause tripping or shin hitting ... and they are in the right position to actually USE them! If you are off road and there is a rock in the way (or they are packed in with gunk), when you open your door they have a pressure sensor that will send them back up (like a garage door). AMP Research is an awesome company and they build tight stuff.

I had mud that packed between the board and the rocker ... the boards came down and when the board went back up they stopped when they came in contact with the mud. The motors were not hurt.

My Mom is 5 foot nothing and without these she would not be able to get in my truck. The original boards were too high for her and for me they were a nuisance as I had to step over them. They also hindered off road use.

The price is not bad considering a good set of stainless boards are about $500 to $600 ...

04 Galaxy Black SE Off Road
Titan Towing Mirrors
Titan Radiator/Oil Pan Skid Plate
Chrome LE Grill
Nissan Towing Package
Front 2 1/2" DayStar Lift
OEM front Rancho Shocks reinstalled (deleted with towing package)
AMP Electricstep Runningboards
Heated Seats
iPod interface cable
Debadged

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode