Anybody Ever Dye Their Leather Seats? - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

Recently purchased a 2011 Armada Platinum. The passenger seat has what appears to be some minor fading on the left edge of the seat and some wear on the bottom of the right side bolster. The wear on the side bolster appears to be from the PO getting in/out of the vehicle. I'm not sure if the fading is truly fading or dye from blue jeans.

I would like to go over these areas with some leather dye to cover up these blemishes. Has anybody tried to do this and had success with matching the existing color. There are several black (I think the actual color is charcoal) dyes out there (Fiebings, etc.) but if there is one that somebody has had success with then I would like to know.

Thanks,

David

Bump.

Just looking for somebody that has found an acceptable black/charcoal leather dye.

Last edited by marctronixx; 03-31-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 11:17 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4trains View Post
Bump.

Just looking for somebody that has found an acceptable black/charcoal leather dye.
I haven't done this yet on my wheat qx56 driver's seat but could you get the $15 colorbond match and spray/rub it in with lacquer? Black should be forgiving
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

I ended up just buying some Kiwi black shoe polish (not parade gloss) at my local WallyWorld. Worked great. Dyed the leather where needed and wiped off where not. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this for large areas as I don't know if the polish would come off onto clothes but for my narrow scratch this worked very well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 03:02 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Garage
I had a similar issue with the drivers seat and steering wheel of my recently purchased 2010 Armada. At first I thought I would just purchase a steering wheel cover & perhaps get high end covers for the seat, but after experiencing the heat steering wheel & seats I did not want to lose those niceties. I purchased a 4oz bottle of leather dye from "the Seat Doctors" online. The color is associated with your VIN and they were good to communicate with me while they prepared the dye/order. Shipping was quick and more importantly the color was 99% perfect match. I applied several thin coats to the steering wheel and seats being careful to do a panel at a time. I am VERY happy with the results. Seat & wheel look new again.

Since Im a Clubarmada "newbie" I cant post a web address yet. so just type: s e at d o c t o r s . c o m
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out. The shoe polish didn't really last so I'm looking for a more permanent solution.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode