Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Clean under the hood????

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  ArmaDen 
#1 ·
Need some advice on cleaning under the hood. Write quick before I get out the garden hose.

#2 ·
get engine degreaser from autozone and soak the beast then rinse thats all i do and she cleans up real nice. they even sell kits were theres 2 bottles ones degreaser and the other is detailer(basically armorall)

#7 ·
TanK1 said:
Just don't get any electrical components wet and you'll be fine.
lol well isnt everything in there got a wire attached to it? lol

im guessing you guys cover up these water sensitive items with saran wrap or something similiar right? if not/so, what do you cover up? which items are no nos? i knoe the brain is under there. i guess someone post a good walkthru.

#9 ·
Simple Green has always worked very well for me and it smells better than most but yep that is just an opinion on the smell part. Have had other vehicles pretty mucked up and sprayed down lightly with water then go nuts with the simple green and then close the hood. Wash the rig as normal and before you go to the towel, pop the hood and rinse down. There are some "cleaners" out there that are very rough on soft plastics, hoses, etc and begin to deteriorate the composition after multiple uses. Also, the WD40 is a great suggestion as it also works wonders on exterior tar on your paint since it is just a fish oil derivative. Heard somewhere that it was non-toxic but not sure I believe that. I would test a small area before trying on Nissan paint. I've owned many over the years and the paint can be sketchy from model to model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.