2015 Armada rear liftgate handle - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
2015 Armada rear liftgate handle

I am having an issue with my rear liftgate after going to the car wash. After researching I have determined that water is getting behind the liftgate handle and tripping a sensor. I want to remove the liftgate handle and seal it properly but I cannot find any information on how to remove the handle. Does anyone have a schematic or instructions?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Derek
2015 Armada Platinum Reserve
Metallic Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 05:08 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek J Campanella View Post
I am having an issue with my rear liftgate after going to the car wash. After researching I have determined that water is getting behind the liftgate handle and tripping a sensor. I want to remove the liftgate handle and seal it properly but I cannot find any information on how to remove the handle. Does anyone have a schematic or instructions?

Thank you in advance for your help!
What is your symptoms with the door? Just had my car washed and noticed my auto lift gate feature doesn't work know matter what switch or button I push. I've yet to check fuses, getting there.

I don't have what you're looking for but if I come across information that may be beneficial to you I'll pass it along.

Keith

Edit. Found a link that has pictures, however I'm unable to view them. I need to download Photo Bucket. SO for what's worth maybe this will help you.
https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/4-p...-gate-fix.html

Last edited by snowdawg; 04-20-2018 at 05:31 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
After going through a car wash (every time) the rear lift gate will not actuate under any circumstances. It also starts beeping occasionally. My research found that there is water getting behind the handle and tripping a sensor. After a little time the water evaporates and the issue stops. The person who posted about the issue found that after he removed and sealed the handle he did not see the problem again. I want to do the same.

Derek
2015 Armada Platinum Reserve
Metallic Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 10:09 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek J Campanella View Post
After going through a car wash (every time) the rear lift gate will not actuate under any circumstances. It also starts beeping occasionally. My research found that there is water getting behind the handle and tripping a sensor. After a little time the water evaporates and the issue stops. The person who posted about the issue found that after he removed and sealed the handle he did not see the problem again. I want to do the same.
Turns out my 2013 is doing the same thing, first time I've had a problem since new. A day later the lift gate worked normal. I'll have to seal mine too.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode