Did a coolant flush this past weekend - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Garage
Did a coolant flush this past weekend

Flushed the coolant on my 2010 Armada Platinum this past weekend (sorry didnt take pics)
Pretty much dropped the skid plate an on the bottom right corner of the radiator there is a plastic valve. I opened that an the coolant started draining taking off the radiator cap will also help it drain. I disconnected the clamp from the overflow bottle an also allowed that to drain. Closed everything up an filled it with distilled water, about 1 1/2 gallons. Started the truck an turned the heat on max. I let it run for about 10 minutes then shut it off allowed it to cool. Drained the distilled water out an filled it with OEM Nissan fluid(blue). While you are filling it you can squeeze one of the upper radiator hose to help "burp" any air out. All in all I bought 2 gallons an used about 1 1/2. Pretty straight forward job that can save you about $50-100 D.I.Y

This car is what I look like on the inside.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 09:24 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 58 Post(s)

No need to remove hose from the expansion tank it will drain back into the radiator. Easy way to purge air in the system is keep expansion cap off and topped off to the full line while running the engine and coming up to temp. Allow truck to come up to normal temp and turn heater on high while the t-stat opens and closes a couple times. While doing this process keep an eye on the gauge to ensure it is not running hot or worse overheating. Do not shut off truck once complete until the expansion pressure cap is returned. Once cap is replaced take it for a ride and make sure temp stays in normal range on gauge.

2005 SE Off Road: JBA LT Silver ceramic coated headers, Cajun B-Pipes with Heavy Metal Cats, Borla Dual SS Cat Back, Uprev Tuned, K&N Air Charger, CSF 3328 Aluminum Radiator, Grille Craft Upper and Lower Grill, Burtman Rear Air Reflector, Manik SS Nerf Bars, Nissan Tow Mirrors, Bilstein HD's, Moog 81085 Rear Coils, AirLift 1000 Rear Springs.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Garage
Will remember this next time I do it. Drove it around after I finished temp looked fine, will keep a eye on it next upcoming days.

This car is what I look like on the inside.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode