Ideas on dog barrier behind second row - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ideas on dog barrier behind second row

2018 Armada owner and looking for help with dog barrier behind second row, not a fan of the cargo area not being flat 😳
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 06:56 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)

Welcome, I can tell you what I did for this.

I have a golden retriever that I take to work most days. But I also need to use the 3rd row at least once or twice per week. So I wanted a barrier that would go in and out easily.

I tried a "made to be a pet barrier" fabric type device (so it would store in the Armada) but that didn't work at all , she could push right past it. I looked at a friends "jail cell bar" type of barrier but that looked like a pain to take in and out and store in the back when it was down.

So after some experimentation, the cheapest and easiest solution I found was to just put a carabiner on the end of leash and clip that to the tie down at the back of the cargo area, near the lift gate. The leash is around 5' long and allows her to poke her head over the 2nd row so the kids can pet her, but not jump over. And she can walk all around the cargo area and not get tangled up. Now she just jumps in, and clip her in, and off we go. If she jumps out before I un-clip her she can reach the ground no problem. Plus a carabiner on a dog leash is awesome for tying them to something quickly.

To protect the carpet/fabric on the back of the 2nd row seat I bought some cheap vinyl from the fabric store, used a hole punch to poke holes in it so it can hang from the two outside 2nd row headrests, and ran the vinyl under the Weathertec mat back there. That keeps her hair off the seat and makes it easy to clean up - but i am a neat freak.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode