AntiTheft / Power Burnout Mod-Brake Pedal - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Garage
AntiTheft / Power Burnout Mod-Brake Pedal

AntiTheft / Power Burnout Mod - Brake Pedal

This looks like a GREAT write-up from robexploring and worth sharing. For Anti Theft , more wire and a better hiding spot for the switch is a must have.

http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26110

Quote:
Originally Posted by robexploring
THIS IS NOW ALSO KNOWN AS THE ANTI THEFT MOD. DOING THIS MOD ENABLES YOU TO KEEP THE TRUCK FROM SHIFTING OUT OF PARK W/ SWITCH IN MOD ON POSITION. WITH A SMALL HIDDEN SWITCH THIS MOD IS ALMOST UNDETECTABLE.

The way I know I believe is only for floor shift (center console) models.

What you'll need:

1-switch-Radio Shack or Pepboys-however fancy you wanna get.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2062523&cp

2'-3' 18ga. wire

2-18ga.(red) crimps http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family

2-female, or male blade connectors 18ga.(red) or solder and iron depending on your switch http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family

DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOR-DON'T BUY CHEAP CRIMPS OR CONNECTORS!!!!!

A pair electricians pliers(OR a stripper, cutter and crimper or plyers)
Razor knife
Optional-electrical tape, wire loom

Ok, look under your dash at the brake pedal. Follow the assembly up and you will see 2 wire harnesses plugged into the assembly, a tan harness and a black harness . The black harness(the bottom one), and is the one you want. The harness will only have 2 wires, a red w/ yellow stripe(don't want to cut) and a red w/ either green or black stripe, which is the wire you want.
Pic 1. Highlighted in green. Be sure to cut the wire far enough away from the harness to leave room for stripping and crimping.

Slice the protective loom with a razor to give access to the wire. Cut the wire, strip and crimp your new wire to each ends of the cut factory wire. Run/secure your new wire under dash going to your switch location, and connect them to your switch using either male/female blades or solider. You can wire loom and tape if you wish to make your install factory clean. That's it!

Here's a pic of my switch- Pic 2. (Which will be redone shortly to the way I did in Pic 3.)

And Pic 3 is of how I did Penguin's(very stealthy!)Thanks to TitanSE for the idea!

The bottom dash panel comes off by 2 screws in the bottom corners, then gently pull on panel straight out. You can see one screw in Pic3.

You are basically putting a switch on the red w/ green(or black) wire circuit. You'll know when the power burn mod is "on" cuz you will have no brake lights and you won't be able to shift out of park. This is good, so you won't be drive around all the time with it on. With the Mod off, everything is normal.

Happy modding.

Big thanks to KingBean for the idea!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	5227   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	378.8 KB
ID:	5228   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	5229  

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Pops; 10-04-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 04:02 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

So when are you doing it Pops?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Garage
Think I'm going to "slip" it in when I get my M&D Monitor back to reinstall.

The wire assembly got a gash into it near the hinge cutting into the power wire. It's a very simple fix by replacing the wire assembly. It was sent in for warranty repair on 9-14. I just got off the phone with M&D (impersonating my local retailer with their permission ) and was told that it's considered a manufacturing defect so they are shipping me a new Monitor to replace it. She said she'll push it through to be sent today or tomorrow, so hopefully, next weekend.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

Last edited by Pops; 10-04-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 08:58 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kailo
I've done this about five month's ago and it's a sweet and simple mod...I Went to Radio Shack with list and bought everything..I have not install additional alarm I just hit the switch and you will never get it moved out of park...another thing when switch is on you have no Brake light..So if you do it just remember to switch it back to normal after you leave your tire's on the Road..lol...I was at dealer two weeks ago and told the mech I can make the Mada stay in one position and burn...Long story short: He say the Vdc will kick in and stop the wheel spin or if I took off Vdc the ABS will slow it down...Little did he know..I hit the switch went into 2wd took off VDC...Hit the hidden switch and just stayed there burning watching his mouth open wide..went down the block with smoke behind me...the expression on the mech face was priceless...lol

Trevor
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 09:17 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Send a message via AIM to lowincarmada
cant wait to do this, good fine pops

Vinh
05 Nissan Armada with QX front end lowered on 26 KMC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode