How To install PRG Mini-Lift - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Garage
How To install PRG Mini-Lift

The instructions that come with the PRG Mini-lift are very helpful for the front but there's a couple of Gotcha's to note and no Instructions for the Rear so hopefully we can build this thread to fill in the Gaps.

Here are the PRG Instructions for download: http://performancelifts.com/installa.../PRGLKINST.pdf

For the Front:

Disconnecting the anti-sway bar end links was the toughest part. I had to take mine to a shop to have them use some industrial thread breaker with a huge breaker bar to loosen them then I drove home with them loose and did the rest by myself.

You can pickup PB Blaster, a 1/2" Breaker Bar for $25, and a Husky a 1/2" MM Hex Socket Set for like another $12 from Home Depot. You'll likely need it to break the Anti-Sway Bar loose, those 12-point or 24-point Socket Bits do not work, they'll round off the bolt heads.

Gotcha #1: Make sure to tie the Spindle in place with a Bungee Cord, Wire Coat Hanger, or something. If the spindle drops too low, the seal in your knuckle joint will break and you'll leak fluid. If this happens, you should be able to push the boot back together to reseal then have your fluids checked.

Gotcha #2: Make sure that all of the bolts are CENTERED in the holes when attaching the Spacer to the Strut. This affects with the Bolt alignment when reinstalling the Strut. If you cannot get the Bolts to all line up, loosen/reattach the spacer to get it better aligned

Gotcha #3: SPIN the Strut to reverse rotate it 180 when reinstalling. This is so the bolts will line up because the spacer reversed the Bolt Pattern on top.

Here are the PRG Instructions for download: http://performancelifts.com/installa.../PRGLKINST.pdf

For the Rear:

Remove your wheel, disconnect your Brake line from the Clips and if you have Load Leveling Suspension, disconnect the Lower Control Arm Bolt shown in this Pic.

Use a Hydraulic Jack to hold the Lower Spring Bucket and remove the Bolt to allow it to drop for Spring removal. Don't worry about it dropping too far, the spring action in the bushings will hold it up.

Follow the pics in this post to install the spacer:

https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1497

Put it back together.

For Height Leveling Suspension, you may want to adjust the Sensor's Control Arm shown in the Pic above before reattaching. 1-2 counter-clockwise turns to lengthen it should be plenty for now and give it a day or two of driving to settle before changing again.

Gotcha #4: When reattaching the Lower Control Arm Bolt, make sure that the Sensor's Arm is in a HORIZONTAL postion like shown above, NOT vertical.

Rear Alignment can be a real bear to tackle.

Hopefully this will help future PRG installers.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Height Sensor.JPG
Views:	32639
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	5282   Click image for larger version

Name:	SpringBucket.JPG
Views:	34160
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	5284  

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Pops; 01-31-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 11:06 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Boy that is a great job, you would have saved me a lot of time and worry over what I had done wrong. When the gear oil was leaking I was freaking out, I lucked out when I happened to push it back together. The only other thing that really gave me fits was what bolts to loosen on the sway bar os that I could actually get the strut back in once I had put the spacer on it, and how to lift it so it would spring back in place once I was done. I still don't know how I figured it out. And to someone like me who had never done anything like this before it was very nerve racking, I could have learned an expensive lesson on this vehicle, thank goodness for my neighbor and this forum. I had my alignment done on both the front and the back, but I am not sure if it is as good as yours, can I copy the receipt from the tire store and email it over to you? If so you can tell me how good a job they really did. Once again great job.

2005 Armada LE Galaxy, NAV, DVD, Bug Guard, Sunroof Visor, Chrome door Sills.Toyo Open Country A/T 305-55-20,Panther Realm Wheels 20",Gibson SS Sidewept Exhaust,Active Tuning Ground Kit "Blue",Volant CAI Gen3,HID Conversion Kit 6000K,2006 OEM power fold mirrors with blinker,V-Led leds,Chrome Tailgate Handle,SES Trims Chrome Mesh Grill,PRG Mini-Lift Front and Back, PRG Bilstein Struts, Front, Odyssey 1700MJT Battery,Burtman Spoiler
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 06:50 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the how to Pops. Your gotcha #4 was my situation. After reading this I corrected the problem and extended the sensors 2 turns. I'm now level front to rear.

Thanks for the info.
Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 03:09 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Hey guys; in need of help. Installed the rear 1.5" spacers with ease. The front was proving to be difficult. I couldn't get the upper ball joint to pop out of the steering knuckle.

Went at it with a hammer and pry bar. Am I just being too tender? I've seen videos where these things just pop off with a couple good whacks with a hammer.

Going to buy some PB blaster and a big sledge and trying again. Any tips would be great.

2012 Platinum in Smoke; Airraid MXP intake; Gibson side swept catback; 12" JL Audio Sub with JBL amplifier; 6000K HID lowbeams, 1.5" prg mini lift, 305 55R20 falken Rocky Mountain all terrain.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 10:13 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Aloha,

I will be tackling the install on some Rancho Spacers that go on the top of the springs in the rear. I am using this thread for help. The plan is to jack up the truck, remove tire, sit the truck on jack stands, compress spring using spring compressor (rented from auto parts store), remove brake lines and the bolt for the bucket with jack under the bucket, lower the bucket with jack, insert spacer and spring, raise the bucket, and bolt on bucket. Do I need to do a wheel alignment after this instillation? I was thinking I did not since I will not touch any of the wheel alignment bolts on the rear end. Any help will be appreciated. I am always humble with how little I know about mechanics but have been educating myself through friendly brother at CA.

Mahalo!

2013 Platinum: 12" Bulletproof lift, Fox coilover w/resivior, 18" King Coils, DH-Customz rear suspention lift, Fox 2.0 w/resivor shocks, Raybestos HD Springs, 22x14 Fuels, 37x13.50R22 Toyo M/T, Royaltycore Grill, Burtmans wing, Xenon HIDS, Xenon LED Interior all, Spec-D LED tail lights, JDM reverse LED Bulbs, Wolo 80 Watt Four Bulb Strobes, 3 trumpet train horn, Four 12" Pioneer Champion Edition Subs, Pioneer door speakers all, Excelon 25th Anniversary Amps 2 channel & 4 channel, Volant CAI & TBS, Gibson Metal Mulisha Cat Back, AMP Steps, PRG Drive Shaft Spacer, PRG Leveling Kit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Garage
First of all, do NOT combine spacers!!! You will never get it aligned with 2 sets of spacers, you're gonna be lucky to get aligned correctly with just one set.. Second, assuming you're using only one set of spacers, put them on the bottom, there's no reason they need to be on top. Third, YES you need an alignment anytime more than 1/4" of ride height is changed.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 12:19 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Thanks for the advice Bob. I am within perfect alignment specs as far as my current prg spacer installed. I understand your reservations with stacked spacers but I got to try. I have a 9 inch sub frame drob 2 inch prg spacer and HD springs but need 1 or 2 more inches in the back. The second spacer comes in today. After installation I will get an alignment and let CA know how it goes. Big mahalo to you. You give great advice and appreciate your insight on our trucks.

2013 Platinum: 12" Bulletproof lift, Fox coilover w/resivior, 18" King Coils, DH-Customz rear suspention lift, Fox 2.0 w/resivor shocks, Raybestos HD Springs, 22x14 Fuels, 37x13.50R22 Toyo M/T, Royaltycore Grill, Burtmans wing, Xenon HIDS, Xenon LED Interior all, Spec-D LED tail lights, JDM reverse LED Bulbs, Wolo 80 Watt Four Bulb Strobes, 3 trumpet train horn, Four 12" Pioneer Champion Edition Subs, Pioneer door speakers all, Excelon 25th Anniversary Amps 2 channel & 4 channel, Volant CAI & TBS, Gibson Metal Mulisha Cat Back, AMP Steps, PRG Drive Shaft Spacer, PRG Leveling Kit

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 03:04 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It’s really great posts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 08:15 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Can I put a set of 1.5" spacers on top of the front Bilstein 5100s?? I was thinking this way to avoid a rough/stiff ride with the 5100s at max lift setting I can put them on stock or next notch therefore attaining a 2.5 inch level sitting with a better ride. Or, should I just ditch the front spacers and max out the 5100s?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 08:32 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

I asked about the 1.5" spacer because I took the Mada into the shop to put the 5100/rear spacer kit, and a full alignment. Afterwards, upon picking it up, my mechanic said there was a space between the strut bolt and the strut itself. He asked me if there is a bushing set that needs to go on the strut as to stop the play? Any help would be appreciated!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode