User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Custom Game Plate Install

Here is a picture of my custom game plate install in my armada. It was actually fairly simple, just had to get a bit creative. Sorry I didnt take pictures along the way but its an awesome idea and looks super clean for those who are interested. Also really not the expensive to do!!

The gameplate itself I got from frys electronics (basically a big electronics store like circuit city, best buy etc...) The game plate came in a package for $39.99 including everything. The power inverter and game plate. I think it might have been this one....

Regardless... they are all over the Internet.. ebay etc.. for right around $30. The game plate has a plug with long wires that plugs into the power inverter. I pulled all the pieces to the game plate off and pulled out the center console in the truck. Not very difficult. I believe pops posted step by step instructions. Drilled holes, started off with a small drill bit and slowly worked my way up, (obviously...) until I had to pretty much force it in the hole. I cut the harness to the game plate and reattached the wires later. I then used a hot glue gun to glue all the pieces in from the back. Connected the harness, plugged it into the power inverter and I was set. I left the power inverter inside the center console hidden. There is plenty of room under the black bucket type thing inside the console. I don't know if you can tell but I also installed the green light for the power with a REALLY small hole and sticking the light in from behind and gluing it in place. Really not to difficult of an install, super cheap, and LOOKS AWESOME!! Its also really easy to run power through the center console. I got my power from the battery but fortunately I already had a hole in my firewall. I used the same hole as the wire that was brought through for my amps. Hope this helps.. GOOD LUCK!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 02:16 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Looks great. I can see the green light too. Great info.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 02:19 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Garage
That's my next mod... Thank You very MUCH!!!! That is the very best AV connection install that I've ever seen!!!!

Now you just need to get one of these:

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 07:33 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Garage
I've been all over today and noone here carries Bravo or a gameplate. Looks like I'll have to order online so here's the link for anyone else who wants it too.

http://shop1.outpost.com/%7B3KVjHdZ4...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
I've been all over today and noone here carries Bravo or a gameplate. Looks like I'll have to order online so here's the link for anyone else who wants it too.

http://shop1.outpost.com/%7B3KVjHdZ4...VpAtQ**.node2? site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Im pretty sure any game plate will work really... However that one works too!! I guess maybe its better because it has a harness going to the power inverter

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 12:02 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Garage
Well, the fact is, there's nothing like that around here at all. Very few people even know what I'm talking about. Online will be better for me since I don't feel like driving to Dallas right now to get it.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 06:13 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Pops Please post a how to on this I'm drooling all over this atm..
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 06:30 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by armadadd
Pops Please post a how to on this I'm drooling all over this atm..
I'll definitely try my best. It'll be a little while before I can get to it though.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 07:44 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Send a message via AIM to mustangmwe
That is the best ive ever seen, i was thinking about doing somthing like that, now i know exactly what to do..Great Job

2008 Mustang GT
2007 Tahoe LTZ 4x4
2007 Sea Chaser 2400 W/A
1955 Packard Patrician
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 08:06 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

That truly is a beautiful install, but my noob question is in regards to the game plate. From the picture, it looks like the game plate comes equipped to power a console but I don't see any a/v connections that would allow it to go to the monitor. Is there something on the inverter that I'm missing? Also, did you hardwire the inverter to your wiring for your amps to connect it to the battery? Thanks for the help and great job on the install!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode