Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Leaking back window

15K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  brhon 
#1 ·
Has anyone else had this problem?

When I open the rear hatch, there is a trickle of water that comes in on both sides of the window between the window and the weather stripping. I thought it might just be the weather stripping needing to be replaced. But I do want to take off all the plastic molding on the back door to see if there is any moisture.

Before I do that I thought I'd see if anyone else had this problem.

#3 ·
Yeah, I saw that thread about the hinges leaking. I guess I assumed if they were leaking, there would be water running down the inside of the back window all the time. I should investigate that.

This water is coming at the bottom of each side of the window and only when I open the hatch.

#4 ·
I get a little bit of water through the holes in the top of the glass that hold the hinge on, I can see the trickle marks on the inside of the glass after I finish washing the truck. I'm afraid to tighten the bolts, in case I shatter the glass.

#5 ·
I also was getting a bit of water coming through those holes also. Could not figure out why there was always a little residue below the hinge after I cleaned it, now I know why. Last night I went to open the glass hatch and lo and behold, the bolt snapped off! I noticed that bolt has disingerated finally snapped apart. Even the threaded hole for the bolt has started to deteriorate so now it's time to buy some new ones. Has anyone have this happen and did you drive it like that until it was fixed? I have to drive 125 miles back home. The side that did not break looks a whole lot better than the other side and I don't want to put tape on that corner for fear of it blowing out or something unless i have to. :(

#8 ·
Well all.., it gets worse. Mine leaked/leaks through those hinge holes too. Whats worse is water also comes in through the window gasket as well. Top it all off, the window rattles in place while going down the road. I think the fix is to replace the hinges entirely. They seem to be loose at the pivot point, like a loose pin in one or the other or both. Gotta get to it, it's a little irritating on some roads listening to it rattle.

Sent from my SPH-D710 (Samsung Galaxy SII) using AutoGuide.Com Free

#9 ·
Yes i get severe water dripping when i open hatch during or after a long period of heavy rain. I had it checked at the dealership and they told me to wipe a light amount of vaseline on the seal between hatch and window. I never did it but now that i just read this thread i will if i can remember. Ty

#12 ·
I have a 2011 and realized I too have this problem. I found streaks and thought it was on the outside, after inspection realizes the water is leaking at the seal across the top and where the hinges are as well, also found rust on all the metal. I have a 2011 Juke with major problems. My patience is wearing thin regardless of warranty coverage. I have a third oil leak in my Juke, have replaced oil pan, cooler, trans twice and the ac compressor as well as the fuel sending unit. Taking to dealer next week

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.