Cannot close or lock the power tailgate 2005 LE model - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Cannot close or lock the power tailgate 2005 LE model

Model: 2005 Armada LE

Noticed a day ago that the rear tailgate was beeping indicating something was stopping it closing. But no.. it will not lock at all.
The rear gate used to pull the door in with a whirring noise and lock. Now I can't get it to even close.. so now the vehicle is not lockable and the rear gate could just swing open at speed if anyone pushes on it.. so a real security and safety issue!

Other symptoms: liftgate push button open and close went dead too (front and rear button). I didn't notice when, but it seems to coincide with the above issue. . Push the gate button.. Nothing at all.. no whirring, no noise, no nothing. So thought it must be a fuse/power issue as both these systems went out at the same time.

Things tried so far:

Pulled every fuse on the interior fuse panel and the exterior under the hood panels next to the battery and they are all good.

The only weird fuse was no power to either side of the "Auto DRPO" (interior fuse box, left side, second from bottom). It has zero power to either pole of the fuse. All other fuses are good. Car ignition was on but not running. Not sure if that is normal.

Can anyone please help point me in the right direction?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

OK... got it working after further research .. hopefully this helps someone else.

I think what may have happened is the tailgate was closed by my worker while the vehicle was moving.. i.e. press the close button, then put into drive and start moving.
The tailgate didn't latch from that point onward.

The open close button was completely unresponsive with or without the key in and ignition on or off. The tailgate was also unlockable.. acting like the power locking mechanism was broken or not getting power.

RESOLUTION: Engine *had* to be running. Put the car into neutral and then activated the power lift gate. It opened just fine and at that point it could be closed and the power latching worked again. Everything so far is back to normal.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode