Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Welcome to the Nissan family of poor paint jobs and chipping paint. If you do a Google search on Nissan Paint Chipping, you'll find all kinds of posts about this, Nissan is famous for this issue. I have two Nissans, the Armada, and a 2000 Maxima. The Maxima looks like it has lived in the Sahara the front end is so bad. Granted it has 180K miles, but I've had other cars for that many miles and the front hasn't been that chipped. For the Armada, I put a OEM bug guard to protect the leading edge of the hood. The rest of the front isn't painted, it's either chrome or plastic, which seems to hold up pretty good.
- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author