Can't Adjust Temperature for A/C or Heat - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Can't Adjust Temperature for A/C or Heat

Hi, guys. I know this is a broken record at this point. Hear me out.

Reaching out for some guidance. I have a 2011 Armada Platinum with 65,000 miles and have been experiencing the typical issues with the HVAC. I still can't adjust the temperature. It is either full cold or full hot-- no in-between.

I read thru the FSM and poked around the forum following many of the steps other folks have taken. I ran the self-diagnostics for the HVAC buttons and controls and all of them beep and light up. I ran the self-diagnostic for the actuator assemblies and replaced the faulty actuators one by one. On mine, the faulty actuators were the MODE DOOR actuator (lower drivers-side), the passengers blend door actuator (lower passenger side) and the rear blend door actuator. All 3 came up running the self-diagnostic. As of right now, I get just one zero (0), which I assume tells me the remaining actuators "should" still be in good working order.

I also replaced the Variable Blower Control sensor/resistor. And still, no temperature adjustment.

Even tho I replaced the passenger's blend door actuator, the temperature there is not adjusting either. It's either full cold or full hot.

I figured then issue then would be the flow of coolant into the heater core and decided to check the Hose Assembly Inlet (in the engine bay), so I took the cover off from the electronic valve and visually it looks good. The little white gear is in place, the big black gear on the top is in place, all the teeth in the gears are there, etc. Everything is nicely greased, almost looks new.

I'm stumped. Any recommendations of what I can check? I'm guessing that the only 2 parts left here to possibly replace around this issue is the Driver Side Blend door and the electronic valve in the hose assembly. I'm leaning towards the electronic valve in the hose assembly.

It feels like i'm rebuilding this whole freakin thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by camposrod; 08-04-2018 at 08:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode