• 1 Post By revconguy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)

No start on '17 Armada

I have something that is likely just a trivial annoyance but that still bugs me. I wanted to see if anyone else has had this behavior happen. So far, its the worst complaint/annoyance I have had with my Armada (...knocking on wood...).

I have a '17 Armada that I bought new which now has a whopping 10.5K miles on it. Over the last year or so since I've owned the car there have been about 5 to 6 incidents where I get in the car, foot on brake, press start button. Then the engine would crank vigorously for about 15 seconds and then quit without starting. The engine always successfully starts on a second attempt. I'm curious about the initial failed engine start attempt. It doesn't seem to be related to how long the car has been sitting, the weather, or any other common factor I can think of. I can't imagine a situation where I would have fuel pressure bleed-off or anything.

Has anyone else had this happen? Please reassure me and I'll look for something else to worry about....

Thanks...Rev
marctronixx likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 11:29 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)

What up rev.
Since your cars engine is close to my 2012 qx, ill say your issue it NOT normal and should NOT happen EVER under normal circumstances.

My car was made to my specs and delivered to me with 9 miles on it in 2012. Ive amassed 76K miles on it now (daily driver—im at the dealer getting Esther oil change as we speak) and NEVER, ever has my car done this. That is not normal and you should NOT settle for this.

Its under warranty, you need to take it in. If you have a scan tool (worth the investment if you dont—they are cheap) you can hook it up and see if you see any codes.

It could be a camshaft sensor crankshaft sensor issue, but not occurring enough for the MIL to illuminate. Could be bad petrol, faulty pump in the tank, faulty high pressure petrol pump inb the engine...

So im reassuring you that it IS NOT normal and you should take it in.

I participate on another Nissan/Infiniti forum and i see new people with “new to them” and even “new” nissans/Infiniti’s and they may notice a quirk and just settle that its a “quirk of the car”, which most of the time its NOT and it’s something that needs to be checked.

I’m happy you took the time to post up about it, because that helps from getting the wrong idea about the car.

I’m a long time nissan user (two armadas bought brand new and now the qx) and Ive not had any major engine issues, faults, or idiosyncrasies about them, other than routine maintenance.

The nissan is a reliable product, and worthy to own for many years. It’s great to have online forums like this so others around the world can share with others their experiences and offer help and opinions when the opportunity presents itself.

Last edited by marctronixx; 08-11-2018 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Added more stuff to yap about :D
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 03:10 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Interesting post that made me recall I’ve had the exact thing happen a few times to me, but now, mine has started 3 times but ran so rough I tried to turn the engine off but instead of turning the engine off, pressing the stop button actually engaged the starter into the flywheel!! Terrible software engineering on the vehicle...See my post today about “Fakse Start”. I’ll update my post if I learn anything new. Have you ever had this happen?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode