LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Electric lift gate

Hello,

Has anyone ever repaired their electric lift gate? The screw that attaches the lift gate arm to the motor has fallen out of ours... and it's a B*TCH to get back in. I managed to pry back some of the internal trim and got the screw in (I thought), but it didn't last more than a week before it fell out again.

I know it needs a lot of locktite but just getting to it and securing the screw is tough. I'm sure there is an easier way than what I was doing.

//Brew
2013 Armada
marctronixx likes this.

//Brew
Mine: '11 BMW 328xi
Hers: '13 Armada SV
KCCO!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 09:13 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)

Getting the back trim off is going to be easier for you to get to the mechanism.

Ive not attempted or ever had to attemp repair on that but if you are handy with mechanics on cars, you can get the service manual (you can find it online for free if you search) and locate that section. Its the same service manual the Nissan techs use and is very thorough in the steps needed.

Also, there maybe a video on YouTube.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
Getting the back trim off is going to be easier for you to get to the mechanism.

Ive not attempted or ever had to attemp repair on that but if you are handy with mechanics on cars, you can get the service manual (you can find it online for free if you search) and locate that section. Its the same service manual the Nissan techs use and is very thorough in the steps needed.

Also, there maybe a video on YouTube.
So maybe I've be going about this the wrong way.. Everything I find is about removing the trim and the nightmare it is... Then I find a guy who says this:

I had the same problem. The lift gate mote has a piece that looks like serrated teeth pull it all the way down. You can get to it from where the jack is . Unhook the rod from the top . Reattach the rod at the lowest point use some lock rite. Then grab the top of the rod pull it back up the reattach it to the lift gate.

Genius. I'm going to attempt this over the weekend.

//Brew

//Brew
Mine: '11 BMW 328xi
Hers: '13 Armada SV
KCCO!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode