Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
I was bringing my 2008 Armada in for an oil change this morning, and when I slowed down to go around the corner by the dealership, it shut off. Started right back up and I drove to the dealer. Stopped at the service door for it to open and it stalled again. Started right back up but as soon as I tried to drive it stalled. Had to leave it right there. Dealership just called me back and said the diagnostic found nothing wrong. They also can't get it to do it again. Their recommendation was new spark plugs for $533 and a fuel injection cleaning for $170. Since it seems to me that they are guessing at this point, and it's not doing it now, I told them to just do the oil change and nothing else.
Now after reading the forums here, it seems like it could be a bad ECM relay, or a bad IPDM. I'm not someone who works on cars myself, but from all the posts I read it seems like something that is fairly easy to do. Looking for some help on diagnosing the issue, and the best way to fix it.
Holy Cow!!! $533 to change spark plugs???
- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author