Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
When I drive at lower speeds - under 30-40 mph - over uneven road surfaces, I notice very low frequency resonances in the cabin, especially coming from the rear cargo area. less noticeable at higher speeds. Best way to describe the sound is a low frequency booming like a sub woofer. And it maybe being amplified more when hearing it from the front seat.
I'm thinking the only way such noises can be transmitted to the cabin is through the body mounts... It's still under warranty but not sure how to approach dealer. If it's normal, than it is what it is.
Anybody else experiencing this? Anybody have any ideas what this could be?
What year is your truck?
- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author