Clock and radio(Bose) presets not staying and it’s driving me nutts! - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Clock and radio(Bose) presets not staying and it’s driving me nutts!

Has anyone debunked this? I’ve only seen open threads with no specific answers

2010 SE

New battery, checked fuses and none are blown.

ONLY happens after I lock my armada using the key fob. If I set the clock/ presets and just turn off the engine, take out the key, then turn it back on it will stay, but once I lock it with the key fob, it resets to what the clock and presets were before I changed it.

Thank you in advance CA

I’m also open to linking me to a thread that has answers and/ or other things I can check/ test

Current Armada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PRG 5100 Spacer Kit/ 20" MB Wheels/ 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's/ Go Rhino Titan King Cab Side Steps

Past Armada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 02:09 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)

each case is going to be different.

has this always happened since you had the car?
do you have any mods on the car that deal with the radio? aftermarket system?
are any other electrical issues present?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
each case is going to be different.

has this always happened since you had the car?
do you have any mods on the car that deal with the radio? aftermarket system?
are any other electrical issues present?
It has been happening for a while now. But after a few times it would actually hold, just not anymore.

No mods, no electrical problems

Current Armada

PRG 5100 Spacer Kit/ 20" MB Wheels/ 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's/ Go Rhino Titan King Cab Side Steps

Past Armada

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 02:55 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

"for a while now".

i dont mean to sound disrespectful, but has it happened since you had the car?
how long have you had the car? was it used when you purchased it or new? these may be stupid questions, but they are helpful.

so your car is factory standard? no audio mods or aftermarket electrical accessories?

do your windows roll all the way down and up normally? sometimes if the battery is removed on cars and re installed, the windows have to be reset in order to roll up and down normally.

if you have a moonroof does this roll open on its own or do you have to hold the switch on the moonroof or it to open?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quote:
"for a while now".

i dont mean to sound disrespectful, but has it happened since you had the car?
how long have you had the car? was it used when you purchased it or new? these may be stupid questions, but they are helpful.

so your car is factory standard? no audio mods or aftermarket electrical accessories?

do your windows roll all the way down and up normally? sometimes if the battery is removed on cars and re installed, the windows have to be reset in order to roll up and down normally.

if you have a moonroof does this roll open on its own or do you have to hold the switch on the moonroof or it to open?
Had it for 2 years now, bought used. Didnt have this problem when I bought it, I would say about a year ago, maybe less the clock and presets weren’t staying right away, but after a few tries it would stick. Recent time change is when I noticed it wasn’t staying at all.

No mods what so ever

Windows are fine, no moonroof
marctronixx likes this.

Current Armada

Past Armada

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 05:43 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

do you have navigation built in? have you ever updated the navi if you have it? sometimes there's software updates on the navi disks/SD cards that update certain things on the radio.

ive had 2 armadas , a 2006 and 2008, and never had this issue. i also dont have it on my qx i have now. i always update the navi every year as well--maybe this does not have any bearing on things but wanted to mention.

perhaps you can call a local nissan dealer and speak to a service writer and ask them if they have heard of this or seen an cars come in with this issue.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 06:22 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)

You say your battery is new, but are you certain that it has a full charge? I've seen some really strange electrical behavior when the 12V battery is on its last legs, not just on the Armada but other cars with lots of electrical "features".

Keith
marctronixx likes this.

- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quote:
do you have navigation built in? have you ever updated the navi if you have it? sometimes there's software updates on the navi disks/SD cards that update certain things on the radio.

ive had 2 armadas , a 2006 and 2008, and never had this issue. i also dont have it on my qx i have now. i always update the navi every year as well--maybe this does not have any bearing on things but wanted to mention.

perhaps you can call a local nissan dealer and speak to a service writer and ask them if they have heard of this or seen an cars come in with this issue.
No nav

Looks like I’ll have to contact Nissan as I was hoping to find a fix here because I know I’ve seen this posted a few times, just not definite answer or fix. Thanks for your help though, much appreciated!

Current Armada

Past Armada

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfamily View Post
You say your battery is new, but are you certain that it has a full charge? I've seen some really strange electrical behavior when the 12V battery is on its last legs, not just on the Armada but other cars with lots of electrical "features".

Keith
I will definitely test this Keith, thanks for the tip. What gets me is that it only resets after the Armada is locked using the key fob.

Current Armada

Past Armada

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 12:04 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

when the car is locked with the fob, this tells the BCM to set the alarm and then after a few minutes, the car goes into a "deep sleep" for lack of a better phrase. there is something that is cutting off power to some part that is causing the issue.

it could be a continuity issue in a wiring harness, or a faulty BCM, for example.

yes ive read about this issue on here and over the internet in the past. either many people just live with it or get it fixed but dont come back to follow up--which is usual as most folks only come to forums to post issues and rarely do they come back to follow up.

soo the onus is on YOU bro to help us get to the bottom of this!!!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode