• 1 Post By staplebox

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

09 Le stalling problem

I had my wife's armada in the Shop shop for a 4x4 issue. Lights were on in the dash and it was blowing a fuse. While there they disconnected the battery to access relays. Replaced the ecm but now we're dealing with a stalling issue and no codes. Can anyone help me out?? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 03:59 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)

You have way too much going on, and not enough info, for anyone to be able to help you over the internet. Probably best to take it back to the shop you had it at.
marctronixx likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Well my shop is baffled. Thought someone on here might be able to help. What other info should I put on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 08:50 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)

There’s a lot of things going on in your situation and , although maybe someon can help, there’s more info that is needed.
First thing to do is check for codes. Surely (don’t call me Shirley ) you have one or two...

I mean is this a new to you car or have you had is for a while? Have any aftermarket modifications done to the electrical system? Or even mechanically?

The IPDM is also a start. The Cam position sensor, battery/starter, petrol pump.
Bad petrol, petrol lines clogged, spark plugs, coil packs.....
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

We've had the car for a few years and no problems. Earlier this year when my wife would switch the car to auto or 4x4 warning lights would pop up and the 4x4 light would stay on all the time. It was also blowing a 10 amp fuse. This was why we took it in. While it was in the Shop my mechanic disconnected the battery to look at two relays behind the battery. Never taking anything apart, just for part numbers. After reconnecting the battery we starting having intermittent stalling issues. It would drive fine for a day then stall multiple times in a day. He replaced the ecm relay and thought it was fixed. We picked it up and it stalled on the way home. It starts fine, idles at 1000-1500 rpm for 5 to seconds and dies. Sometimes able to drive it again for a short distance and stalls again. Currently with the stall issue it's not throwing any codes.

I forgot to add the code it was showing before was p1824 showing transfer case/motor. Even with the 4x4 issue it was drivable and ran fine. Any help or suggestions would be great! Thanks!

My mechanic also said that it seemed to shift in and out just fine and the lights haven't come back on since the fuse was replaced. But I've replaced that fuse more than once.

Last edited by marctronixx; 12-27-2018 at 03:48 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 10:36 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)

How much experience does your mechanic have with late model cars with all of their electronics? It takes a different type of mechanic than the stereotypical "grease monkey" from the past. As others say, it is very difficult to diagnose what is wrong with your car over the Internet. But a competent mechanic should be able to do this without much of a problem.

- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author

Last edited by Campfamily; 12-27-2018 at 10:40 AM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 12:29 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 39 Post(s)

It might be worth paying the diagnostic fee at a Nissan Dealership to have the service techs look at it. They would probably be able to point you in the right direction.

08 Armada 4x4 SE K11 Smoke Grey

Bully Dog GT w/ 2* Timing Mod, Airbox Mod, Belltech Sway Bar w/ Poly Bushings Front + Rear,
Running Board Delete, Tinted Headlights + Taillights, Alpine Type S 10" Sub + Alpine MRV Amplifier
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 01:10 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowcab View Post
It might be worth paying the diagnostic fee at a Nissan Dealership to have the service techs look at it. They would probably be able to point you in the right direction.
I was gonna say the same.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 12:24 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
I had issues with stalling / rough idle with no codes (cruise control was horrible). I ended up running several tanks of fuel with injector cleaner and the performance/idle improved drastically. Now, it has just a slight surge in RPM. I have a new set of injectors on order. This may be your problem, too.

I have replaced:

ECM relay (284B7)
fuel pump (complete assembly)
iridium plugs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode