User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Need help

I have had my armada for a while now and have never had this issue with any other vehicle till now. My lift gate on my 2004 armada has closed and will not open. The glass opens fine but the gage itself seams to be jammed closed. I have managed to free to a bit bit it will not open more than half an inch and will not fully close tight. I have pulled the plastics and have gotten down to where I can see the latch and it will not free itself from the base post on the vehicle itself. What is a home fix I can do without resorting to a saw and new guts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 08:35 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)

You can grab the FSM for free online and see how to take apart the door. If you can get the back door finisher off (easy just pull the back of CAREFULLLYYYYYYYYY) you can have access to the mechanism. From there its a matter of manipulating the lock mechanism to free it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 01:05 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

there is a little removable plastic panel at the inside bottom of the rear hatch. pop the cover, and there is a manual latch release inside. on the drivers side is the electric motor, and actuating rod. it is very normal for nissan not to have torqued, or lock tighted the bolts that hold the actuator motor on to the vehicle. if the motor comes loose, everything binds, and no function. if you can figure how to get to the actuator motor through the compartment that holds your jack, you can set things straight. just make sure the battery is disconnected before sticking hands into where the motor/gears/mount is. Just something to consider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 06:22 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

cant post something and attach a link, dont know why....just search in youtube the title below...

2005 Nissan Armada rear hatch won't open

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode