• 1 Post By Chogokin100

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Power mirror switch

Newbie here with an interesting issue. I just picked up a nice condition 2011 Armada SV for my wife and she likes to remind me that everything worked on the new car I traded away... Sigh, can't win lol. So before I got it it had a front driver side fender bender that was repaired nicely, in the repair they used a Titan door with the Titan wiring. The problem is that the power mirrors do not work. I have traced all of the wires and run jumpers that allowed me to activate the mirrors manually but when plugged into the switch they do not work. I replaced the switch with a new from the dealer switch and still nothing. The only thing I can think of is that the pins on the Armada switch are in different locations than on the Titan which brings me to my problem. I can't find anything showing me which wires go into which positions on the plug for the Armada. Any pictures or a some kind of a point in the right direction would be helpful. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 10:45 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)

the armada uses a ADP or automatic Drive positioner. this little box controls the movement of the steering wheel, power seat memory, door mirror memory.

do you have the power/memory seats? do you have the memory switch on the door that allows one to store seat presets, mirror position, and things like that?

i had a 2008 fully loaded so i dont know what trims options are on your car but the ADP is used to move the mirrors.

is possible the shop didnt attach the wiring to the ADP. can you move the other passenger mirror with the switch?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

No I don't have the memory function in my Armada. The switch won't move either mirror, funny thing is that I can unplug the switch and through a series of jumpers move both of the mirrors, so I know the wiring is sound. The only disconnect I can figure is the switch, and I have 2 switches that have tested good on a meter...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Any help out there? Maybe a picture of an armada mirror switch plug showing me the colors and pin placement of one that works...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 12:49 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)

You can find the service manual to your year armada online for free. Just search for it. That’s what you need.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

YES! Of course! I purchased the Haynes manual which proved to be about worthless but didnt think to search for service manuals. Great advice and I think I may have already found what I need. 👍
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Problem Solved! Bottom line, the pin positions on the Titan mirrors are different than the Armada. Just as I suspected once I switched the Wires into the new positions the mirrors work fine.
marctronixx likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode