2011 some dash lights not working - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

2011 some dash lights not working

Ok, I find myself again needing some help. I have a 2011 SV with the factory stereo and an after market trailer brake controller installed before I got the truck. Full disclosure up front, I have read through every post I can find on the internet, reviewed the service manual and tried every suggestion. The buttons on my factory stereo, climate control, shifter, steering wheel do not light up nor does the LCD screen dim when the headlights come on. I have personally pulled every fuse in all 3 boxes, including the near impossible ones way at the bottom and they are all good. The dimmer switch works fine it dims the instrument cluster just fine. The driver door switches even light up fine. I am thinking if there was a short there should be a blown fuse...? This may be related, a couple weeks ago I had to reposition the pins for the power mirror switch in the door, when I was tracing wires there was 1 wire that caused the LCD to dim when I accidentally touched it to power I don't know if dash lights came on or not since it was bright out. The schematic from the service manual did not have two wires that are now taped off, one was the suspect wire, perhaps for lighting the power mirror switch?? I had just got the truck that week so I dont know for sure if the lights worked before that. Any ideas are appreciated? I am going back out to the garage and hopefully figure this out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Problem Solved. It was the red/blue wire at the power mirror switch. Once that wire was connected to power all dash lights came back alive. Odd that the dash lights should be wired through the power mirror switch?!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode