Problem with rear brake light - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Problem with rear brake light

I’ve encountered a problem with my 2012 Nissan Armada SL brake lights not working. I started by replacing the 2 rear bulbs and still didn’t work. I was recommended to te by replacing the brake light switch attached to the brake pedal as not only one but both brake lights are not working. I changed the brake light switch but that didn’t fix the lights to start working. I didn’t move the car until the next morning and at that point for some reason the vehicle felt like it suddenly had the brakes locking up which freaked me out. I managed to slowly return home and have been looking around for a solution. The only thing I recall doing to replace the switch was I kept pressed down onto pedal as I removed old switch and replaced with new one and attached back into slot. After much thinking I decided to remove the new switch and repeat the replacement of it but instead of maintaining the pedal pressed in I left it in normal position. I then removed the battery terminals for over 15 minutes as someone recommended and then after I decided to test drive the vehicle far enough to see if it seized up the brakes and at this point it seems to not have no longer seize up. I only did one test run and plan to retry it but does anyone know what could of caused it to seize up just for replacing the switch. Also some I still am with the original problem of my brake light still not working. Can anyone direct me of what else to check? I have thought of maybe having to check a fuse but not sure the exact one to check; would it be a fuse in the glove box or one in the engine compartment and which one it would be on the fuse box. Is it a regular fuse or one of those rectangular fuses with the clear see thru tops. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode