Problem with my 05 armada, help! - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Problem with my 05 armada, help!

My car is rated to 8000 lbs towing capacity, I have a travel trailer that is 7000 lbs, when I'm towing 20 mins later the engine shuts off , it feels like is overheating but is not, just in case I replaced the fan clutch, water pump, coolant temperature sensor, also bought a brand new fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator and I put an extra electric fan in front of the radiator, when I'm not towing the car is fine, this only happens when I'm towing, once the car shuts off I have to wait 20 minutes to be able to start it and continue. Also it won't let me go over 3k rpm. I don't know what else to do. 😞
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 08:37 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I am going to take a stab at this but i may be way off ok. I would get a OBD reader that does live data so you can see actual temps. Your transmission my be getting to hot for some reason and is triggering a safe/limp mode. Like i said i may be wrong but i would get a real temp reading on the transmission, even the lines in the radiators are known to have issues in some years.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 08:36 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

CampFamily would be the one to chime in on this. He is quite knowledgeable on all things towing.
In case he might not find this post, try sending him a direct message. He is very helpful.

Might also be worth reading through the towing sub-forum: https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/89-towing-section/
Probably would be the right place for you to pose your questions on towing...

- - - - - - - - - - - -
'07 LE 4x4, Injen PowerFlow intake, SuperChips tuned, Borla dual exhaust, Bilstein struts, Michelin LTX MS2's, PowerSlot slotted rotors/Akebono pads, Goodridge SS brake lines, KMC-XD Monster rims, Viper remote start.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tchjts1; 03-30-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode