1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

2018 Armada SL Vibration

My armada starts a steering wheel vibration on the highway when the speed over 65mph. And it makes abvious noise in the front cabin, like a resonance sound. Dealer said it’s the character of this armada after they did the wheel balance. Just wondering anybody in this forum have the same experience. I did some research before I brought it, nobody mentioned this on this forum. I guess I’m just too sensitive to this? Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 09:32 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)

That’s dealer BS.

Ive had 2 armadas, a 2006 and 2008, both brand new at the time of purchase, and never had such vibration or “characteristic “. Sounds like a lazy dealer.

Wheel vibration could be in the drive train, could be a flat/bad spot on a tire, or other suspension component.

Let’s get some details?

Did you buy new? Did you buy form the dealer you took it to? Can you take it to another dealer?

Has this concern happened since day one or only recently? Did you modify anything to the car before this occurred?

Tires new? Any aging on the tires? Did you have them “road balanced” or “road forced”?

What happens if you put on brakes? Does the car want to sway to one side or another?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 09:33 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)

That’s dealer BS.

Ive had 2 armadas, a 2006 and 2008, both brand new at the time of purchase, and never had such vibration or “characteristic “. Sounds like a lazy dealer.

Wheel vibration could be in the drive shaft , axle, could be a flat/bad spot on a tire, or other suspension component.

Let’s get some details?

Did you buy new? Did you buy form the dealer you took it to? Can you take it to another dealer?

Has this concern happened since day one or only recently? Did you modify anything to the car before this occurred?

Tires new? Any aging on the tires? Did you have them “road balanced” or “road forced”?

What happens if you put on brakes? Does the car want to sway to one side or another?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Marctronixx,

Thanks for your input. It’s a brand new 2018 armada SL. No modify yet. The highway noise starts from the first day I brought it when I drove it back from the dealer. So there is no road force on it. I took it to the nearest dealer around me, since the dealer I brought from is 140 miles away. The dealer I visited swap out new tires, rims, front drive shafts. The noise decreased only after they put on new tires and rims. But the noise is still there. The brake system is well, no pulling to any side when braking. I don’t know if there is anything the dealer can try. But other than the noise, it’s a awesome car, feel safe when driving it, I can see almost anything on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
That’s dealer BS.

Wheel vibration could be in the drive train, could be a flat/bad spot on a tire, or other suspension component.

Let’s get some details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
That’s dealer BS.

Wheel vibration could be in the drive shaft , axle, could be a flat/bad spot on a tire, or other suspension component.

Let’s get some details?

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

BTW, recently I visited the dealer near me and took two armada (one SL, one SV) to have a test drive. The SL has the same noise, the SV has no high way noise and vibration. Maybe it is true that is the characters of the armada.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 01:46 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had a 2010 and it was great. My 2018 SL has a similar issue but I do not really hear it. Instead, I feel a constant vibration in my petal while accelerating over 75. The service manager said that he thinks there is a dip in the tires and showed me and said new tires would likely resolve it. He wasn't trying to sell tires. This is based on his years with a large tire company. He compared it to a very tight chain and vibrations travel easily (which is what happens while accelerating) but as soon as I left off the gas, just like adding slack to the chain you do not feel it.

Do you feel the vibration even when not accelerating?
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Once I drive over 70mph, and let it coasting, hardly hear the vibration because the speed drops quickly.
Yep, I have the same situation as your petal vibration when I accelerating, but didn't pay attention what the speed was.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 08:49 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

I'm also getting a vibration but it's different.
On the highway if I get up to 70, and the slowly go back down to 60, I get a faint pulsing sound and vibration.

19 sl Armada, 25k Miles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 05:22 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Garage
The car is vibration free till 170 mph... tested by me personally))
So check as wheels, tires, brakes, aliment.
marctronixx likes this.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:35 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I still have the stock Bridgestone tires - same for others who have similar issue or does the tire brand not matter?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode