User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Rear wiper washer leaking

Noticed today that when I turn on the rear wiper no water comes out. It was fine a few weeks ago. Since I was driving I could not troubleshoot much other than hold down the rear wiper switch for a minute or two to try and clear out any dirt. The water in the wiper reservoir is full. The front wipers work and front nozzles dispense the water thus the motor is fine (front and rear use same motor).

Once I parked the car I wiped the rear nozzle and also sprayed compressed air into the nozzle to try and clean it out. I tried again and heard water splash under the car. I saw that water was dripping from the rear driver side wheel well.

I looked over the factory service manual (REAR WIPER AND WASHER SYSTEM page 85 (http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Armada/2010/WW.pdf) and see that the rear washer tube runs along the rear driver side wheel well.

Is it even possible to replace this tube if it is damaged?

I am going to see if the hose connected to the rear nozzle somehow came loose. Anyone done this? I will follow these steps:

1. Remove the plastic cover over rear hatch light to expose screws. Remove two screws. Then disconnect light cable.

2. Pry the plastic upper finisher (where the light was) off by pulling down. It will pop out.

3. Remove the rear cargo storage area top and lower liner to expose the frame.

https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/4-...oval-help.html

Edit: Did some further investigation by taking a closer look at the wheel well. I could see water dripping and leaking all the way up the well. Opened the rear passenger (behind driver) door, lifted the seat and saw the carpet and floor liner was damp. I could see a bit of water as well.

I then removed the door trim and saw some electrical wires as well as a tube. Figured this is the tube for the spray.

I will need to remove all the floor liner to see if I can fix the tube myself!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	armada_reartube.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	45589  

2010 LE | Magnaflow muffler | Chrome TP | Cajun B pipes | Volant intake | Morimoto 4300k low beams | VLED fogs | Morimoto X.DRL and 5stop rear fog | Bullydog

Last edited by clinthammer; 04-11-2019 at 06:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:48 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure you are wrong. The front and back probably don't use the same motor. Looked it up on rockauto, they only have one outlet. If the pump had two outlets then usually it would work the front outlet with the pump/motor running one direction and the rear with switched polarity running reverse to pump out the back outlet. But both pumps are in the reservoir up front.

Anyways....Yes the hose is replaceable, it's just hose. You can replace it with just about anything that'll fit, there shouldn't be any worry of the hose collapsing since it's under pressure not vacuum. Like a garden hose. Don't ask me how the interior comes apart on these, I've never had to yet. But the hose itself is an easy fix if you can find where it's broken or came apart.

Edit: I looked up a pump for an 05, I just noticed you don't say what year you have so who knows.

04 Armada LE
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Front and rear washer use the same motor. The pdf I linked to has the illustration.

I have a 2010 LE.

2010 LE | Magnaflow muffler | Chrome TP | Cajun B pipes | Volant intake | Morimoto 4300k low beams | VLED fogs | Morimoto X.DRL and 5stop rear fog | Bullydog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:46 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My bad, you're right! I didn't know there were so many changes to these things.

Regardless, it's still a relatively easy fix. The hard part is getting to the line where it's broken. Unless you can just expose it at the back side door sill and run a new line and tuck it in behind the trim, might be easier than tearing the entire interior apart.

04 Armada LE
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Hoping it's an easy fix. I think I can get the carpet liner off and fix it.

Just found out my backup camera is having issues. The parking assist lines are messed up and lines appear on camera

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode