LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Garage
Hyperextended Rear Door

Back in February, I drove the family to Lake Tahoe in my 2010 Armada and parked in the sloped, icy driveway in front of our cabin. My kid got out and left the right side rear door open and ran off to play in the snow. Suddenly, the vehicle started to slide backwards down the driveway, and the door caught on a snowbank and hyperextended forward. Luckily, this stopped the car.

Now the door has a dent along the full height of it below the window, where it was compressed against the frame. And it appears that the metal piece that would normally stop the door from opening too far (visible when the doors are open) is either stretched out or disconnected now. Does anyone know how to replace this metal piece or can refer me to a youtube video showing how to fix it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:48 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lava View Post
Back in February, I drove the family to Lake Tahoe in my 2010 Armada and parked in the sloped, icy driveway in front of our cabin. My kid got out and left the right side rear door open and ran off to play in the snow. Suddenly, the vehicle started to slide backwards down the driveway, and the door caught on a snowbank and hyperextended forward. Luckily, this stopped the car.

Now the door has a dent along the full height of it below the window, where it was compressed against the frame. And it appears that the metal piece that would normally stop the door from opening too far (visible when the doors are open) is either stretched out or disconnected now. Does anyone know how to replace this metal piece or can refer me to a youtube video showing how to fix it?
Sounds to me like you should have more issues with it than a hyperextended door with a dent.

Does it close all the way?

Door handle works?

Does the window roll up and down?

If not, then you might be better off finding a used door and replace it. You can also find the piece you need at a junkyard or pull-a-part too, as well as online.

https://parts.nissanusa.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Everett Hale
I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Garage
Door still closes all the way, handle still works, window still rolls up and down.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode