Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

rear speakers noy very loud

10K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  brysonjlanning 
#1 ·
Hello..I have a 2015 Platinum Armada with the bose/nav system that has the dual dvd players in the headrests. I recently noticed the rear speakers are not as loud as the front and the fader control is in the middle. I have researched and I do not have a headphone button like many have suggested. Is there any other way to fix this? If i adjust the fader to the rear I still have to turn the volume up high to hear the music at all. Thank you for any help

#2 ·
Does this sound change depending on source?

What i mean is, if you switch to radio, for example, does the sound change?

You say “recently”, so this means you have not hands the issue initially and you HEARD a difference in sound over some time. So did you install or remove anything on the system? Do you have any modifications done to the audio video system?

How long had you had the car? Purchased new or used? Was it 3rd party or dealer purchase? I ask because if bought from 3rd party, there could be some modifications on the audio system. Maybe not, but worth to ask.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a concern on this forum about the issue you speak. The faculty system just works . It doesn’t start to die or fade slowly so I think it maybe some setting you are over looking that may have changed overall output.

But yeah check to see if it sounds the same way on radio as well (am and fm) as video sources. Verify your balance controls are also in the center.

Do people in back complain about the issue., or is it you just hear their difference yourself?

#3 ·
Hey!

I've been going through the same issue with my 2013 Armada.

Although what I've noticed is that changing the source does not help. its all the same. Even if you shift the balance all the way back even then they dont perform as they used to.

It all started when i had the car batteries replaced. it died on me so i just had a new one installed around a year ago and i noticed the bass being lower than usual. since i hardly sit in the back, i hadnt noticed the lull in the rear speakers. but my brother brought it to my notice. The rear speakers barely work and the sub stopped working.

Upon doing some research on this forum and reddit i came to the conclusion that the amp stopped ending power to the speakers.

i did order the panasonic relay for the amp. i'll be getting it in a couple of weeks. will install and update.

if not then just change the entire system.

I'm looking into jbl simply because i like the sound signature they have.

So one option is to have it all changed or go for the relay upgrade which also i got from this forum. a cheap fix to the sub.

#7 ·
The linking on this forum seems to be acting up, so 2 of them are going to be listed at the end of the post.

I know I'm way late, but for those who come across this like I did, the part # is JSM1-12V-5. It can be found on Amazon[1] for $7 (prime eligible) or others sites -- like mouser has it for $1.68[2], but it's $8 for shipping.

The thread OP referenced is: 2005 LE - Repaired Bose subwoofer amp

[1]https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Relays-12VDC-HI-CAP-SEALED/dp/B00HKI14E6/
[2]https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/769-JSM1-12V-5?r=769-JSM1-12V-5

Reactions: marctronixx
#6 ·
Hey.

I tried adding the link here but it says i cant as i dont have enough posts.

Anyway, I got the link for the part off a previous post in this section, titled "2005 LE - Repaired Bose subwoofer amp" made by "DanF."

He posted the link on there.

hope this helps.

P.S. sorry for replying late, was on a vacation.

#9 ·
It was actually the forum software wasn't parsing the link tags correctly. It would just show the url and not the title I had with it. For some reason, the 3rd link worked fine and kept the title.

Reactions: marctronixx
#10 ·
So your rear speakers had lower volume compared to your front speakers, and when you replaced the relay on the amp they went louder? I bought this vehicle use, so I don’t have anything to compare it against, but the rear speakers are all treble and not loud at all when I adjust the fader. Wondering if this is normal or?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.