User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)

Rear wheel bearings

A little help if anyone can provide it. I'm looking for a schematic of the rear wheel bearing/spindle. If it is anything like what I remember my 4Runner being like with its front drive independent suspension, you have an inner and outter taper roller. Does anyone know if the spindle on the Mada is the same, front and or rear. I would think so but after looking at the "parts" places and seeing what they are selling, I am beginning to wonder. I would like to see a blowup from a schematic.

scr38, I know this is one of your "specialities" providing schematics. Help please?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 03:53 PM
SHIFT_Administrator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

The attachments may help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Hub.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	11846   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Hub 2.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	11847  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 09:21 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Garage
Here's an additional pic:

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

Thank you Gentlemen for your prompt replies. Helps alot to see the schematic. Doesn't look like these bearings on this particular vehicle are serviceable. When they go bad, you replace the assembly, interesting. I've looked at what the parts places have to sell and they are made by timken, I know they are known for their excellence in taper roller bearings. I'm still curious though, are these taper roller bearings in the assy., anybody know? Doesn't look like you have an inner and outer bearing either, hmm! Inquiring minds want to know.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 11:00 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Garage
The Timken replacements have had good feedback. All I know is I replaced the entire suspension on front driver's side of wife's Lexus and it's very similar to ours and it really wasn't that difficult to do. We've also moved front bearing packs to new spindles during spindle lift installs.

For the front packs, I used an empty 5-gal bucket with towels on the bottom for padding, straddled the Spindle across the top, and I the bearing pack out with my 3-lbs hand sledge until it fell into the bucket. Then you'll just tighten the bolts to press the new bearing pack back in.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 11:23 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)

E&J, what prompted you to change the bearing? im wondering because im not sure if mine needs replacing also. =/

'04 LE
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Hardcore

I haven't actually changed any of the bearings. My curiocity is more loading and how these bearings are configured, ball or taper roller, single or double?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode