Not Starting...sometimes...help! - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not Starting...sometimes...help!

Hey Guys!

I have a 2007 Nissan Armada SE/95k miles/clean battery terminals/good battery. There have been a few instances lately where the car would not start. But started less than a minute later. When I turn the key, it would just make a click sound. Everything else seems to work, but the engine did not turn over.
My guess is the starter. After doing a little research about the Armada, it seems like there could be a chance it is something else. I don't want to get stuck spending $600 and it being something else causing the problem.

Any ideas on what it could be???

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 10:22 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

If its just a clickking sound seems like it would be the battery. You can take it to autozone and they can test it out and see if its your battery or alternator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Lakeshore Slate Platinum, *Airaid MXP*, *LED interior*, *1.25" Bora adapters all around*
in the works, custom grille, headlight mod
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

thanks, but the battery is still good. i guess when i said click, i meant the sound the ignition makes when you turn the key and not that dead battery click.
any other ideas/suggestions?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Not Starting...sometimes...help!

Hey Guys!

I have a 2007 Nissan Armada SE/95k miles/clean battery terminals/good battery. There have been a few instances lately where the car would not start. But started less than a minute later. When I turn the key, everything else seems to work, but the engine does not turn over. It usually takes a couple attempts and all of sudden just starts up fine.
My guess is the starter. After doing a little research about the Armada, it seems like there could be a chance it is something else. I don't want to get stuck spending $600 on a starter and it being something else causing the problem.

Any ideas on what it could be???

thanks!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 02:26 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Starter

This happen to my 04 about 3 years ago. It was the starter. Finally replaced it after the kids and I got stranded for an hour after lunch one day. Who ever designed where to mount the starter sucks. It's not that easy to get our starter out.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 03:38 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

If the engine is cranking but not turning over its not your starter. I dealt with this issue also and my problem was in the security feature in the ignition key . Try inserting the key into the ignition and turning it on so the dash lights up but don't start it .... wait 5-10 seconds and try fireing it up . If she starts up it may be having trouble communicating. I would suggest removing all key chains from the key and remote and see if it straightens up , it may b creating interference. If u still have issues after that a reprogram may b needed. Good luck!

2008 SE, BANKS RAM AIR CAI , MAGNAFLOW 22" EXHAUST, DOUBLE BARREL EXHAUST TIP, 6000k HID HEADLIGHTS, 3000K HID FOGGERS. FOR NOW..........

Last edited by FISHDAWG; 05-19-2013 at 12:19 AM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 12:33 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

does not turn over

I believe when he said "does not turn over" he means that it's not turning at all. I know it's a bit confusing. But that's what I got from it. Also you can tell if the key is not communicating the little security key light will tell you if it's working or not.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 01:43 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

The icon in the dash lets u know the system is working, but it does not tell you if it is receiving a good signal. I think thats why it will start after a few tries. It is worth a shot before spending over 600$ for a starter , like I said on the other post, I got rid of my 7.62x39mm keychain and the issue has not occurred again. Just looking at the options that dont cost anything $ to check first. Again good luck with that.

2008 SE, BANKS RAM AIR CAI , MAGNAFLOW 22" EXHAUST, DOUBLE BARREL EXHAUST TIP, 6000k HID HEADLIGHTS, 3000K HID FOGGERS. FOR NOW..........
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Dbo
SHIFT_Lurker

I am experiencing this exact issue with my '07 QX56 as of yesterday. I am thinking it could be one of my keys because it happened to my wife first using the spare set.

The engine repeatedly turns over like normal, but doesn't start. Then a few minutes later, it starts just fine. I am wondering if having both sets of keys on me could have been causing interference or something? I haven't had this happen to me today while having only my main set of keys with me.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 09:43 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

You know what's funny mine has been doing the same thing for the past 2 years but has never left me stranded. Most it's done to me was 2 clicks and then started.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

04 Nissan Armada all stock

06 Dodge Charger R/T
[email protected]

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode