Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
The fact that you overheated sitting in traffic suggests to me that whatever problem you have isn't related to towing. I'm wondering if you have a bad fan thermostat, or perhaps air in the system from when you flushed the radiator. Has it been warmer than usual where you've been driving? Might want to give it a good drive on the freeway, then stop and let it idle for a few minutes to see if the gauge goes up to H again.
And, yes, tow in 4, not D. Will reduce wear and tear and heat in your transmission.
- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author