User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Condenser fan direction

I am having overheating problems at idle with the AC on and I have read countless threads about the checking the electric fan direction. People talk about pushing air and pulling air, which means what?
It's hard to tell, but i think mine is blowing away from the engine. The fan clutch is blowing towards the engine. Is this correct?
Thanks, Tom

2006 Armada LE 4x4 loaded, with every factory option, Injen intake, PML trans pan,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 265/70/R18 Michelin LTX AT2 Load E,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 11:28 PM
SHIFT_Administrator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

The electric fan should blow toward the engine. There were some wiring errors reported which had the fan blowing in the wrong direction. Ask your dealer if there is a TSB on this for your vehicle.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 01:07 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezmo1 View Post
I am having overheating problems at idle with the AC on and I have read countless threads about the checking the electric fan direction. People talk about pushing air and pulling air, which means what?
It's hard to tell, but i think mine is blowing away from the engine. The fan clutch is blowing towards the engine. Is this correct?
Thanks, Tom
If its a pull, the fan will be rotating in an anti-clockwise direction and pulling air away from the object in front of it. Push would be the opposite. It will be rotating in the clockwisw direction and pushing air towards the object in front and whatever scr38 said.

Sent from my MZ604

Interior LED Package, 55W Morimoto 6000k HID Lows, 6000k LED Fogs, Rev Camera, Invisible Car Bra, Upper & lower grille combo, White Door Handles, VOLANT CAI with PowerCore filter, BD Triple Dog GT (Premium Tune + 2 deg)
Bilstein 5100s with maximum lift in the front, 1" Daystar rear lift, Red powdercoated NCP 2773546 NAPA front & 2773545 NAPA rear springs, Rancho 9000XL Rear shocks, F&R Powerstop slotted & drilled rotors with ceramic pads, Front and rear anti-sway bar delete
My Build Thread:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode