LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

SES on 2008 QX56

Hello,

Yesterday, I had an SES with the code P0735 come up on my 2008 qx56. I have noticed in the last week that driving in high speeds, my rpm jumps and the car hesitates. I have 92K on the car.
I took it to my local mechanic who was not dealer and he advised that I needed to change my transmission fluid and once he did that the code went away. He said that my transmission was not slipping and he did not think I needed a new one. He only drained and filled it. No flush.

Well, once I picked up the car, the SES light was definitely gone but the car performs the same way. After researching these forums and the internet, it appears to be a problem with some nissans and infiniti's. I also noticed that the ECM should be reprogrammed and the speed sensor should be checked.

I have taken my vehicle to a nissan dealer and they are not sure what the problem is but said they do not think it is the transmission. I then took it to Aamco and they advised it was not a transmission issue. I then took it to an independent mechanic and they said it is not the transmission but it could be the sensor or TCM and that they are not training on how to fix that. So, I called the dealer back and they acted as if they were not familiar with how to repair the TCM. Being that I am a girl and all, I am not sure what all this means. I did google to find out that TCM is transmission control module. I am in Tulsa and have never seen anything like this. I have reached out to 3 people here in my area that drive the same vehicle and they have not had an issue like this and all but 1 had over 100k miles on it. The only code that is coming up is the P0735. There are no more codes stored are coming up.

A little background on my car. I bought it with 36k on it and have kept up on my maintenance and oil changes. I got it serviced in July in Houston since it was time and the dealer there even told me that my car was in good shape. So, I am curious if anyone knows a good mechanic in Tulsa who can tell me what is wrong with my car or have any input on what the issue could be.

Last edited by tamelao; 12-02-2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 05:38 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I live up in collinsville and I use Bob Hurley in Tulsa and they have always done me good. You might check with them. On my armada and my two titans I've never had an issue like that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2008 Armada SE
No Mods as of yet. Wife doesnt want anything done to it but we will see.

2010 Titan Pro-4x:
Maganflow DISO muffler with JBA tip. Factory matched window tint. Tinted tailights, Debadged. Volant Powercore intake.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you so much for your reply. I am VERY concerned that a transmission would go out at 92k but I guess it is possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 08:22 PM
SHIFT_Administrator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

Look at your other post about this. You should make only one post on the same topic. That way all responses will be in one thread.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode