User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Drag and pulling in 4HI

Well My 04 Armada has been acting up in 4wd hi lately. When in 4hi and cruising at any speed if you let off the throttle it is almost like you are pressing on the brakes, also it pulls pretty hard to the passenger side, but goes away in 2wd. It has also been clunking pretty loudly when changing back to 2wd. So i took it into the shop and he said the front diff had chunks in the fluid so he assured me that this was the issue, of course now that its back nothing has changed and is doing the same problems it was before!!! My initial thought before was the transfer case, but the 4wd does work, could the front cv shaft be a cause of this? or any other ideas???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 04:13 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

I would be leaning towards t-case since all shafts rotate regardless of t-case setting. How does the fluid look in the t-case? How many miles? How often have the fluids been changed in the t-case and front differential?

2005 SE Off Road: JBA LT Silver ceramic coated headers, Cajun B-Pipes with Heavy Metal Cats, Borla Dual SS Cat Back, Uprev Tuned, K&N Air Charger, CSF 3328 Aluminum Radiator, Grille Craft Upper and Lower Grill, Burtman Rear Air Reflector, Manik SS Nerf Bars, Nissan Tow Mirrors, Bilstein HD's, Moog 81085 Rear Coils, AirLift 1000 Rear Springs.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode