User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ins and Outs of Our Diffs

So for some reason I like to know all the technical specs of the vehicles I drive. Whether it be piston bore and stroke, transmission type and ratios or whatever. So I have been doing the same with my new (to me) QX

As far as I can tell this is what we have

Front:
Nissan/Dana 205
205mm (8.07") Ring Gear
32.8mm (1.29") 30 Spline Shafts
Open Carrier

Rear:
Nissan/Dana 230 (variation of Nissan 226/Dana Super44)
226mm (8.89") Ring Gear
33.3mm (1.31") 33 Spline Shafts (One more spline but 0.100" smaller shaft than Titan)

Does this info look correct to you guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 12:30 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Now if the after market industry would only make bigger gears

2013 Platinum: 12" Bulletproof lift, Fox coilover w/resivior, 18" King Coils, DH-Customz rear suspention lift, Fox 2.0 w/resivor shocks, Raybestos HD Springs, 22x14 Fuels, 37x13.50R22 Toyo M/T, Royaltycore Grill, Burtmans wing, Xenon HIDS, Xenon LED Interior all, Spec-D LED tail lights, JDM reverse LED Bulbs, Wolo 80 Watt Four Bulb Strobes, 3 trumpet train horn, Four 12" Pioneer Champion Edition Subs, Pioneer door speakers all, Excelon 25th Anniversary Amps 2 channel & 4 channel, Volant CAI & TBS, Gibson Metal Mulisha Cat Back, AMP Steps, PRG Drive Shaft Spacer, PRG Leveling Kit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

It looks like other countries have more gear options. But isn't that always the case? Other countries can get diesel and manual transmissions in just about anything too. My Brother wanted to go to Mexico to get a diesel powered 2012 Xterra with a 6 speed. He had a hard enough time getting a manual transmission in Canada. There was only 2 Pro4X models in BC and both we silver. But in the end he got a price break after haggling between 2 dealers. The reason they said they gave him such a good deal is because the sales office was worried they would not sell by the end of the year so they were just glad they were gone and didn't take a loss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 02:40 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Your information is exactly correct. However, the things to be aware of is that the diff housings for the Armada are aluminum, not steel as they should be. So, since the housings are only half as strong as steel housings, you can't put lockers in them because of the housing flex.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode