1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Is Nissan cheating us?

I'm a new Armada owner. Bought a used 2006 LE last month and loving every bit of it.

I noticed that it wouldn't engage 4WD so I thought the switch must be faulty.

I took it to Nissan service dealer today to have it checked and they told me that my car is a 2WD version.

I don't understand why would a 2WD car even have the 4WD switch? The dealer told me all cars come with the switch irrespective of the version.

Either the authorized Nissan service people don't know their stuff or Nissan has really fooled us.

Even though I love my car and it doesn't have any issues, I have to sell it off just because of this issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 01:10 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatArmadaGuy View Post
I'm a new Armada owner. Bought a used 2006 LE last month and loving every bit of it.

I noticed that it wouldn't engage 4WD so I thought the switch must be faulty.

I took it to Nissan service dealer today to have it checked and they told me that my car is a 2WD version.

I don't understand why would a 2WD car even have the 4WD switch? The dealer told me all cars come with the switch irrespective of the version.

Either the authorized Nissan service people don't know their stuff or Nissan has really fooled us.

Even though I love my car and it doesn't have any issues, I have to sell it off just because of this issue
The 2WD version of our truck does not have the 4WD switch. Your dealer is full of you know what. Find another dealer that actually knows our vehicles.

You can check for yourself whether you have a 4WD vehicle. Look under the front. If you have driveshafts running across the truck to the inside of the front wheels, then you have a 4WD truck.

- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Thanks. will check that in the morning. is the 2WD version Rear Wheel or Front Wheel?

If it is 4WD, what could be the reason that 4WD doesn't engage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 03:43 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatArmadaGuy View Post
Thanks. will check that in the morning. is the 2WD version Rear Wheel or Front Wheel?

If it is 4WD, what could be the reason that 4WD doesn't engage?
Rear Wheel Drive

Could be a lot of reasons, really too complex to try to diagnose over the Internet. Recommend you do some searches on this forum for some ideas to check.

- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 09:04 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Garage
Look on ebay for what 2wd Armada dash area looks like. It lacks the 4wd switch. Print out picture and take it in to dealer and ask what kind of Armada they think the one without a switch is, perhaps they will say it is fwd?

Seriously, I would find a more knowledgeable dealer, asap.

2013 Armada Platinum Reserve

2017 Chevy SS

2011 A5 Cab/quattro
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 01:56 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

It would be very interesting if you could share a picture of your dash with us. I would like to really see it and wonder how come you have the switch if your vehicle is not a 4wd.

Do you have pics you could share with us?

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 02:18 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

And people sometimes wonder WHY I don't trust dealerships lol.
If you have a switch that has 2WD, AUTO, 4Hi, and 4Low on it odds are you have a 4WD truck.
Like camp family said just look under the front end. Differential and two half shafts will seal that fact.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 02:52 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)

I know my buddy Jon threw in a 4x4 selector on his 2wd titan because he didn't like having a blank spot on his dash.
rsoto80 likes this.

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: UpRev, Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 06:32 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooshtaka View Post
I know my buddy Jon threw in a 4x4 selector on his 2wd titan because he didn't like having a blank spot on his dash.
That'll be a shock for the next owner!

2013 Armada Platinum Reserve

2017 Chevy SS

2011 A5 Cab/quattro
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 07:02 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)

Lol he is NEVER gonna sell his truck. His truck is super well known in the titan community so it won't be a surprise to anyone. Lol

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: UpRev, Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode