05 armada no acceleration and dash lights (will start and only goes 25mph) - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

05 armada no acceleration and dash lights (will start and only goes 25mph)

I have an 05 Nissan armada. I drove it the day before and it worked flawlessly. Nothing was wrong. I got in it the next morning and it started right up and I put it in reverse backed out of the driveway about 20 feet, put it in drive and the gas pedal would not rev the engine and nothing on my dash worked. Even the digital part that says if its in park drive or reverse did not work. All gauges go to 0 and the gas gauge goes to empty but the gas light does not come on. The whole dash stops working. The brake light and battery are the only lights that stay on. I limped into the driveway. Pressing the gas pedal all the way to the floor only accelerates it to 10mph. I turned it off and then started it back up. The first 30 seconds the vehicle is fine and the engine runs normal the dash works perfectly. After that the dash seems short out and everything turns off except for the brake and battery light as said before. The engine revs wierd and the gas pedal will not rev the engine past a certain amount of rpms.
I switched out the ecu relays and that did not fix it.
The next day I went to troubleshoot a few things and the battery was dead.

I had it sent to the dealership because I feel it is electrical and I don't have the tools to work on that type of mechanical issue.

The dealership said that the board in the transmission was saying it was in park. So they changed the board. The vehicle now accelerates to 25mph but doesn't go any faster and still seems to be doing the same thing. I'm already about $2000 into this.

The dealeeship cant seem to find the problem. They are now changing the ipdm i believe. I need help. Maybe you guys have some answers if this doesn't work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Its not the ipdm I guess. It's the board behind the radio and navigation. Not sure what that one is.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 10:19 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Garage
Fuel pump for sure !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 11:27 PM
SHIFT_Administrator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

Have you done a load test on the battery? The electrical system is very voltage sensitive. Low voltage can cause all the problems you are having.

2004 Armada SE, Throttle body coolant bypass, Grounding kit, modified Volant CAI with Amsoil dry element, custom engine cover, trailer brake controller, Michelin M/S2s, custom lower grill, Silver Star headlights, Bilstein HD shocks, Power Stop Drilled/Slotted Rotors, ceramic pads, Goodridge SS brake lines, interior and back-up LEDs, PLM transmission pan, trans radiator cooler by-passed, all Amsoil synthetic lubricants, Nismo headers, custom 3" SS exhaust system with high flow metallic core cats, UpRev tuner version, 318 rear wheel HP.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

The armada is now fixed. The first dealership told me it was the transmission and replaced a board in it and wanted to keep charging me to throw parts at it. They had no clue what they were doing. I took it to another dealership and they knew the problem right away. The problem was a bad alternator and fuseable link. The dealership says it runs great now and there are no problems. If your armada is ever doing crazy electrical things make sure to check the fuseable link on the battery and the alternator.
Thanks for the replies
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 10:18 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)

Score another win for scr38!! When that guy speaks, people need to listen!!!

- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode