Wheel Hub/Bearing Replacement - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Garage
Wheel Hub/Bearing Replacement

OK, this is for you high mileage guys especially

Anyone replace their wheel hubs and at what mileage?

I am at 263k KM (165k miles) with possibly original hubs. Not sure on the history of my 2004

They do not seem to have any noticeable problems upon inspection and the truck seems to drive great. I have done a full brake service on all 4 brakes but sometimes it feels like i am stepping on the gas more than i need to.

I am still getting only about 10 mpg City after doing almost everything else for tuneups including running acetone and Lucas fuel treatment in the gas.

Do you think the hubs could be the cause even though they don't really show any symptoms of failure?

I can spin the hub by hand with the wheel off relatively easy with only minor effort (as it rotates the drive shaft and final drives at the same time) Maybe I need to remove the hub for best inspection?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2004 Armada LE - 262k KM, 2" Lift 5100s up front, Moog 81085 Rear springs/ Firestone 4150 Helpers, PRG 2" rear spacers, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, SiriusXM dock hardwired to AUX-in 12" sub added to factory stereo in trunk..
2001 Fleetwood Prowler 21' Toy Hauler
1992 Nissan 180SX JDM RHD street legal with factory SR20DET Turbo Engine - 116k original KMs, No Rust, Lowered and Body-Kitted

Last edited by deezel85; 08-11-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Garage
Done!

about 10 hours later(yesterday and tonight) and a trip to the ER tonight for some stitches in my elbow (slipped with the prybar and whacked my elbow into the garage door track... thats what i get for working in a tight single car garage with a massive truck) all 4 hubs replaced!

Fronts took about 7 hours, They were super seized into the knuckle, had to pull one of the spindles completely and whack at it from the backside for awhile

Rears I did in 3 hours

LF and RR were definitely seized up and binding/hard to turn..

I also found both parking brake shoes to be rubbing so I backed those off a bit.

The truck rolls so much better now and I don't have to give it as much gas as before..

Hopefully my MPG comes back now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2004 Armada LE - 262k KM, 2" Lift 5100s up front, Moog 81085 Rear springs/ Firestone 4150 Helpers, PRG 2" rear spacers, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, SiriusXM dock hardwired to AUX-in 12" sub added to factory stereo in trunk..
2001 Fleetwood Prowler 21' Toy Hauler
1992 Nissan 180SX JDM RHD street legal with factory SR20DET Turbo Engine - 116k original KMs, No Rust, Lowered and Body-Kitted

Last edited by deezel85; 08-26-2015 at 12:34 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 05:07 PM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

I had my fronts done (105k) at a local repair shop for $800, including new brake sliders, new outer tie rod ends, new bearing hubs, and lubing the sliders and axle splines with permatex hi temp 333 anti seize. went from 12mpg back up to 19.5. the bearing hubs are factory sealed with no, or minimal lube. Nissan does not lube their axle splines on original assembly, and OEM tie rods are sealed with no grease fittings. all are designed not to last past five years or 100k miles. remember to check for a recall on your lower control arms. if you have the stamped control arms, they will contribute to all kinds of wobble as will the factory front cheapo shocks. the boxed construction control arms are rock solid, exhibiting no harmonic reactionary wobbles.

Last edited by F4N4EVR; 08-26-2015 at 05:09 PM. Reason: mileage added

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode