User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Headers?

Hi, new so I apologize cause I'm sure this has been discussed throughly. I've done a little searching on here but still have a few questions. Our 05 armada has a cracked exhaust manifold on the drivers side. I want to put headers on it along with bpipes. I'm looking at stillen, jba, and maybe dt? Any better than the other? Should you have to retorque them often? And what bpipes? Cajun or stillen? And should I do a cat back with it or run duals straight back off the bpipes? We have a magnaflow on there now. And it sounds like I need to buy an uprev also?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 09:57 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005 View Post
Hi, new so I apologize cause I'm sure this has been discussed throughly. I've done a little searching on here but still have a few questions. Our 05 armada has a cracked exhaust manifold on the drivers side. I want to put headers on it along with bpipes. I'm looking at stillen, jba, and maybe dt? Any better than the other? Should you have to retorque them often? And what bpipes? Cajun or stillen? And should I do a cat back with it or run duals straight back off the bpipes? We have a magnaflow on there now. And it sounds like I need to buy an uprev also?
JBA longtubes are what you want as the all other brands require wire cutting and extending the sensor wires. Uprev will be needed to correct the AFR's so the truck will run properly. More than likely both manifolds are cracked that is usually what guys find when they remove them. Retorque the nuts 5-7 days post install and that is all that is needed, drive and forget. Bpipes just do your research and I'm sure you will find the answer. . Muffler choice is criticle once headers are installed for noise levels. The JBA muffler and 22-24" Magnaflows work well but the UQ resonator may be needed to kill drone and rasp.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Ok thanks a lot nightowl I appreciate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 12:19 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Bad Catalystic Converters - help?

I have a 2004 LE 4X4 with 202,000 miles. Just found out the hard way that I have bad Cats. I have been reading the threads but am still confused which way to go. What is the best/cheapest way to go other than OEM. Headers or soemthing like the Dorman 674-844 Exhaust Manifold with Catalytic Converter (Non-CARB Compliant)?

Thanks
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 04:24 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

jba headers, cajun bpipes with cats, and uprev tuning and you"ll be good to go. We just did this with our armada and were very happy with it! Runs awesome very noticeable power increase also.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 12:06 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSnelter View Post
I have a 2004 LE 4X4 with 202,000 miles. Just found out the hard way that I have bad Cats. I have been reading the threads but am still confused which way to go. What is the best/cheapest way to go other than OEM. Headers or soemthing like the Dorman 674-844 Exhaust Manifold with Catalytic Converter (Non-CARB Compliant)?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SRA5XI/...90fe9b8258b5_S

Thanks
PLEASE stay away from Dorman...

Uprev Guru for Cajun B Pipes

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode