New Exhaust Needed - Tailpipe Fell Off - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

New Exhaust Needed - Tailpipe Fell Off

About a week ago my car started making a vibration noise, turned out that tailpipe rotted away and was resting on the rear axle. I was able to remove it from the rear exhaust hanger and the noise is gone. But now with the tailpipe pointing up into the rear, after the muffler, the smell is horrible. I think I need to get it replaced sooner than I was hoping to.

I'm thinking of replacing the manifolds now too since I'm at 90k miles and it'll need it someday...I'm sure. I started talking the guy at Cajun to see what would be best. I'm thinking of going with the Stage 2 performance package with heavy metal cats and the ultraquiet resonator though. Just trying to make sure a shop near me can do the install before I order.

Other than the gaskets was anything else needed? If a shop is doing the work should I still soak the bolts a week or two ahead of time...if that is something that is fairly easy to get to? Or maybe the shop will take it for a week and do that process too....not sure.

Hoping to be able to get this done, I'll keep this posted with updates and pics. I can't stand the smell when driving!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode