LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

lost

Hi,
In case you are not here when we drop off our 2006 Nissan Armada I want to give you some information.
We bought the Armada two weeks ago today (150,378 miles). Living in Donaldsonville most any place I go is a long drive. So the first week I drove close to 200 miles just around Ascension parish. Then on Sunday Oct 2, we drove over to Mississippi for Crusin the Coast, and drove all the way down Beach road, from Waveland to the exit off Beach road for I10, about 2 hours of stop go traffic, just that part of the drive, came home no problem. We drove 5 hours and didnít turn the engine off, till we got back exit 15 or 16 (I think it was), stopped and filled up. Then drove home, no problems. Then last week I went to Prairieville, then back to Gonzales, made a couple of stops, the last time I got back in the SUV the Check systems soon light came on. I stopped at AutoZone and they put their meter on it and they got a code of P0420. They told me that it meant a Catalytic converter might be bad, and they cleared the codes. I told them we had bought it used, and we didnít know how long it had been on the lot, and he said that it might just be from sitting for a while. That was last Wednesday. I drove it around Gonzales some more and then went home. Friday, hubby and I went to Gonzales to Home Depot, and back home. Then on Saturday we went to Crusin the Coast again. Same route we took the previous Sunday.But this time as we were leaving we got to a stop light, the SUV had been running fine, at the light changed and when Terry tried to move, it hesitated, it lurked, about 6 times, and then started running fine, we stopped at two more times, the same thing. We had a half tank of gas, so we knew it wasnít fuel. No lights, nothing, just the hesitation. We came to the last stop, it hesitated very badly, finally had to pull over off the road, no warning lights. It died, and wouldnít restart, and there was smoke coming from under the driver side front end. So we called a tow truck to bring us home. The driver dropped the SUV in the street in front of our house. Terry, got in it, and this time it started, no problem, just started up just as it had every other time we had started it. Still no warning lights. He parked in the yard. Then on Sunday, Terry pulled the SUV up on ramps and looked under it. I have included a picture he sent me, there appears to be a loose nut on the exhaust manifold on the driverís side. we have it at the muffler shop and they tested the Catalytic converter and sub Catalytic converter they check out good any ideas i have read up on a ECM relay could be going bad any ideas

I hope I have given you enough information thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode