User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

how to prove 4x4 is gone?

Last winter I put the car (04 armada se) in 4 hi to get out of some snow (not even deep) and the rear wheel was spinning only,,,I believe just one. When I switched it back to 2 wheel the light stayed on 4 hi. The only way to get the light back to 2 wheel is to turn the engine off and restart the car.
Now with the winter coming I dont want to be stuck in the snow so I'd like to figure this out. I have read about the c- clip that doesnt hold and the axle shaft slips out some. The last time I was under there I didnt notice anything unusual but I'm not sure I looked at the right thing either. So instead of jacking the entire car up and seeing if all 4 wheels spin,,,,I'm thinking to remove the front differential cover and seeing if the c clip is off or not in the right spot??
Any easier way of figuring this out? Also,,the differential cover only gets rtv sealant, no gasket?
thanks
also,,,with the searching I've done..it says push or tap the shaft back in...does this mean I have to remove the entire wheel, brakes and everything to get to a shaft?? Any pics of what I'm to expect would be great since i cant find any

2004 Pathfinder Armada SE 118K miles
bought used in 2012

Last edited by ny04armada; 12-01-2016 at 05:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode