Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Did you have it in 4Hi on the highway? That would not be good. Only Auto should be used on paved roads. 4hi/lo is for off-road/gravel/sand only etc. It would most likely be differential fluid or transfer case gear oil that may be burnt up.
Why would driving in 4Hi on the highway be bad? I thought the issue with driving on the highway in 4Hi was making tight turns that would bind up the system. Probably not going to do that at 65mph!!
I've never done this with our Armada, but before I had the Armada, I had a 2nd generation Toyota 4Runner. I would drive that truck all day long at highway speeds in 4Hi when the road conditions were changing from dry to ice to wet and back. I would always put it back in 2WD when going around corners.
- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 18 Tesla Model 3, Long Range RWD
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 71,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author